Anyone else worried about our OLINE

cowboys19

Reaction score
vs our division rivals?

I know Philly has not been playing as well lately but it will be a hostile enviroment, and they have a great D Coordinator.

The Giants have that 4-Aces crap or w/e its called, that is taking the league by storm, can our big oline give Romo enough time to make smart decisions? It should be cold down in NY also.

and Washington has a very good D, who like to blitz, and can frustate even the best QB's/

IMO i would be happy to be 8-2 after the Skins game.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
cowboys19;1732008 said:
vs our division rivals?

Nope...

I know Philly has not been playing as well lately but it will be a hostile enviroment, and they have a great D Coordinator.

The Iggles are a middle of the pack defense, ranking 11th in yards allowed, 13th in yards per play allowed... they are particularly vulnerable to the pass (which is what the Boys do best), ranking 18th...

I figure the bye week is all the advantage the Boys needed to take this one...

The Giants have that 4-Aces crap or w/e its called, that is taking the league by storm, can our big oline give Romo enough time to make smart decisions? It should be cold down in NY also.

1) The Boys averaged 9 yards per play against them the last time around, which means they completely DOMINATED the G-men... admittedly, they had a coupla injuries, but even if they're fully healthy, I'm confident our offense can move the ball on them...

2) I believe that game is in two weeks, right?? Well, I just checked the 7 day forecast-- through next Saturday-- for the area on the Weatherbug, and the forecast highs are ranging between the mid 50s and the mid 60s... do you really think it's gonna get cold in the following week?? I don't, I figure a worst case scenario will be mid to upper 40s, and that's not cold enough to affect a football game...

For the Giants to beat us, they're gonna have to outscore us... anticipate another shootout, like the first game... it could happen...

and Washington has a very good D, who like to blitz, and can frustate even the best QB's

You overrate the Skins some, though they are the best defense in the league... their downfall will be their patchwork offensive line, which candidly is pretty bad... I really anticipate a fairly easy win in that one...

IMO i would be happy to be 8-2 after the Skins game.

I'd take it, too... I'm still holding out for 9-1, though, and I think that's doable...

lspain1

Reaction score
I think we match up very well with the Eagles. We are OK with the skins, particularly since we are playing them at home in November.

I am concerned about the Giants simply because I think they match up well against us. They have a defense that is playing better and an offense that stretches the field. We get them in their house after their bye....yet another schedule advantage (Goodell must be a closet Giants fan). This game is the one game I would prefer not to lose but it is the hardest one to win.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Commanders remind me of our defenses a few years back when we were always ranked up near the top despite the fact that we all knew they weren't all that good.

Their offense is so putrid that teams play them fairly conservatively and don't take many chances because they know the only way the Skins can score is if they hand them the ball near their own red zone. Teams tend to play carefully, not wanting to take too many chances because they know the Skins can't score with them.

The Skins record will start to even out pretty soon. I actually expect them to finish the season 8-8 or 9-7.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
No, I think we have the best line since the 90's, I think it will dominate the E-girls and do well against the skins.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think our Oline is pretty good but we haven't yet overcome our inability to run block more consistently.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The O-line is good... Better at pass-blocking than run-blocking but that's OK. Neither Columbo or Adams are Winston Justice. ;)

burmafrd

Reaction score
I just think with the size our Line is we SHOULD be better run blocking. I am thinking that while they are fine pass blocking, somehow we should be able to find a way to use all that size and power to do better run blocking in the first half.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Our OLine is pretty good, could they be better? certainly but they are big and strong and as long as we don't go three-and-out frequently, they can wear out defenses.

I think Giants game will be a good match up, they are playing pretty well, as we are, but I like our chances.

The Eagles are hurting and their defense isn't anything to speak of, just another middle of the pack defense. Their offense is inconsistant. I like our chances.

The Commanders does have pretty good defense but they have a horrible offense. Their OLine is patchwork, their running game isn't all that good, and Campbell still isn't impressive, below average, they can't score. We'll have an advantage of TOP and their defense will wear out, just like majority of opponents who have faced our offense. I like our chances.

We have a very good chance of going 3-0 against them.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
silverbear;1732014 said:
The Iggles are a middle of the pack defense, ranking 11th in yards allowed, 13th in yards per play allowed... they are particularly vulnerable to the pass (which is what the Boys do best), ranking 18th...

The Eagles defense has actually been playing pretty well, the problem is the offense has been awful so they are always on the field.

sago1

Reaction score
Count me as one who is worried. We have trouble with our rushing game usually until later in the 2nd half. We've also got an OL that makes a lot of penalties and an offense which makes mistakes. We need our OL to play at its best so our offense can get the job done.