Anyone Here Had LASIK?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I'm set to go in for LASIK tomorrow and the butterflies are starting. Was wondering if anyone here has had it done. Was hoping for some positive experiences (i.e. I won't be blind come tomorrow night). Although not seeing Roy can beat down the middle all next season would have its benefits...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
don't have any info but let me know how that works out for ya.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Man timing dude......hopefully you'll be healed enough to watch the game.

Good luck on the surgery

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Good luck, but if you have an ugly wife or gf, don't do it.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
My wife had it done about 5 1/2 years ago. She wasn't able to see the VCR clock while lying in bed but after the surgery, she was fine.

However, she recently had to get glasses, although not as strong as previously, for reading and night time driving. Even though she has new glasses for those reasons, she still is ok with her surgery.

Hunter71

Reaction score
My sister, my friend and his sister just had it done...

Tell me that it's the best to happen to them and they're pissed they didn't do it sooner...

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
If Key Whitman is doing yours then I may see you in the waiting room, I'm set to go in tomorrow as well

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I had lasik done in June of last year. So far, no problems and my vision is close to 20/20. It's a completely painless procedure and only takes a couple minutes. I wore glasses for 17 years and am so glad to be rid of those things.

tx78613

Reaction score
Had it done over 4 years ago. Best thing I've ever done for myself. My vision then was 20/700. It's now 20/30 and has been since after the surgery. I couldn't even see the bright red digital clock sitting on my nightstand from my bedside without glasses/contacts. Painless, quick, and as soon as the following morning I was able to see without glasses/contacts for the first time in over 20 years. You won't regret it.

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
My wife had it done three years ago on both eyes and was seeing details she had never seen later that same day. Within a week she had considerably better than 20/20 in both eyes, and it's been great ever since. She would echo what others have said - best thing that ever happened to her, wish she had done it sooner. As for your nerves, my wife was scared about it, and later told me she wished she hadn't spent so much time worrying about the procedure (she doesn't like pain), that it wasn't painful at any point. There is a feeling of pressure on your eye when they do it, but it is not painful pressure, nor uncomfortable, just a bit weird. (I'm typing as she's dictating this last sentence to me.) She's been thrilled about the whole thing and tells me to tell you that you can relax because the whole procedure from start to finish is short and much easier than you can imagine. I send my best wishes too.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
Teague31;1353545 said:
I'm set to go in for LASIK tomorrow and the butterflies are starting. Was wondering if anyone here has had it done. Was hoping for some positive experiences (i.e. I won't be blind come tomorrow night). Although not seeing Roy can beat down the middle all next season would have its benefits...

This needs to be moved to the "Off-Topic" zone.

Your personal life is YOUR business...if you want opinions email your buddies.

Posting this stuff in this forum reeks of "attention seeking behavior"...and Lord knows we already have ALOT of those on this board.

fweegy

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1353624 said:
This needs to be moved to the "Off-Topic" zone.

Your personal life is YOUR business...if you want opinions email your buddies.

Posting this stuff in this forum reeks of "attention seeking behavior"...and Lord knows we already have ALOT of those on this board.

***? your mother drop you on your head as a baby? Jesus H!!!

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Teague31;1353545 said:

My wife had it done a couple of years ago, nothing to worry about. They give you some pretty good drugs before hand, so you won't remember much of what happens tomorrow.

The Dr. did my wife's surgery does one person every 10 minutes at $4,000 bucks a pop. Needless to say, he has a pretty nice office.

No Worry's.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hey, my mom had it done awhile back. I think she was one of the first in Amarillo to have it done. She had ZERO pain, and was able to see things she had never seen before. So all is good.

But, not something you want to watch, at least me anyway. During my moms there was a watching area and I watched for a little bit, then got sick and had to leave. Ha, but you won't have to worry about it.

Good luck