Anyone here use LIGHTSCRIBE??????

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
It's a new software that comes with HP pcs that allows you to screen images to your cds and dvds. Just wondering if anyone here has used it and what you think about it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
It's a new software that comes with HP pcs that allows you to screen images to your cds and dvds. Just wondering if anyone here has used it and what you think about it.
Never heard of it but I hear BP is handy with a lightsabre

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Yes I have it but I have not had the opportunity to play with it yet. I installed it a couple of weeks ago and probably won't burn anything with it until I get settled in Houston (two weeks).

My only gripe is that they have a lot of cdr media available for it but the dvdr are scarce and expensive.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Yes I have it but I have not had the opportunity to play with it yet. I installed it a couple of weeks ago and probably won't burn anything with it until I get settled in Houston (two weeks).

My only gripe is that they have a lot of cdr media available for it but the dvdr are scarce and expensive.

I found the CDr media, it's like 8.99 for a 5 pack of discs, but I can't even find the DVD media to even get a price. Let me know what you think of it when you do start using it and if you ever find the DVD media.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
http://www.meritline.com/lightscribe-cdr-media-verbatim-93934.html (CDR, 20.70 for a 30 pack and 52.99 for a 90 pack)

http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-lightscribe-dvd-r-scribelight-light-scribe-dvd-8x-95116.html (DVDR, 19.99 For a 10 Pack, 94.99 for a 50 Pack, and 179.99 for a 100 pack)

I have a 90 pack of CDRs and I think they just started selling DVDRs a few weeks ago. I will let you know the results when I use the silk screening feature in a couple of weeks.

Thanks. I'll look forward to it.