Anyone Know if This is a Hoax or if It Works?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Just leave it up to Google to come up with something like this!!!

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411. This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, " Garland , Texas ." He says, "Business Name or Type of Service." I say, "Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free.

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I haven't heard of that but I could see it working.

I know if you send:

"City, State Business Name" in a text to google (466453) they will return the information for you.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Add to your cell phone:
800-466-4411

Just leave it up to Google to come up with something like this!!!

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone or your home phone speed dial:
1-800-GOOG-411.

This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls, and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car; I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, "Garland, Texas." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

http://www.google. com/goog411/

Fmart322

Reaction score
I've had it in my phone book now for about 6 months. It works greak. It also will text the info to your phone. It's great.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It works. The reason they're doing it is so they can have a ton of voice recordings in order to perfect their voice recognition software.

True story.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theogt;2584142 said:
It works. The reason they're doing it is so they can have a ton of voice recordings in order to perfect their voice recognition software.

True story.

Yep.

Nothing is really "free" ;)