Anyone know the record this year between the AFC and NFC?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I have a browns fan friend trying to convince me that the browns are a "Good" team. He thinks the Browns would be fine if they played in the NFC East.

Silly homer browns fan.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I believe AFC leads by one game 20 - 19.

Browns are playing pretty decent but if they were in NFCE, they would be the bottom feeder in the division.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
'idk the AFC-NFC record but i can pretty much guarantee you that the Browns would definitely be behind the Cowboys and Giants, but they'd be ahead of the Eagles.

The AFC North is pretty horrible.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Thanks, Fellas. :D

He said the AFC has "owned" the NFC this year.

So much for that.

superpunk

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1755092 said:
I believe AFC leads by one game 20 - 19.

This is correct.

The outdated notion of the AFC being superior need to go. The Pats and COlts are fantastic teams - the AFC is not a fantastic conference.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think they'd be surviving in the NFC East. They'd be competing with the giants for 2nd place. I think they would beat up the skins and eagles.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AFC has won 6 of last 7 Super Bowls. High end they are clearly dominant again.

Parity and a 20-19 interconference is not suprising, but does not lesson fact AFC's best are better than NFC's. Thats all that counts.

We had Pats head up and many fans were complaining they ran it up on us - What is it?

I do think NFC is closing the gap and we would have a chance in rematch But AFC has the better top teams.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The only reason the AFC has won 6 of the last 7 is cuz the Pats cheated to win 3 of them. So w/o the cheating, the NFC actually would have won 4 of the last 7.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Browns are 2-0 versus NFC

Dang it, NFC is killing our prospective Draft pick!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nors;1755154 said:
Browns are 2-0 versus NFC

Dang it, NFC is killing our prospective Draft pick!

In the words of Ronald Reagan, "There you go again".

They beat Seattle by 3 and and St. Louis by 7...not that big of an accomplishment.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1755168 said:
In the words of Ronald Reagan, "There you go again".

They beat Seattle by 3 and and St. Louis by 7...not that big of an accomplishment.

They even struggled to be winless miami, allowing that sorry team - with a backup QB - to score 31 points.

Aikbach

Reaction score
The AFC apologist that posted earlier will go unnamed although it is a curiosity why the individual masquerades on a Cowboy message board when his loyalties clearly lie elsewhere.

Regardless he is incorrect to assert AFC "dominance" this decade, victorious for certain but use of the word dominant in this instance is what English class teaches to be hyperbole.

Since the year 2000 the AFC has claimed one blowout of an NFC opponent, infact it was in the year 2000, since then a cancan dance of field goals has baraged the scene as exciting shootouts have claimed the day apart from one NFC blowout win ( no doubt an anomaly) and one horrendously officiated fiasco with the worst halftime show ever to boot (The Rolling Stones, although my generation knows them better as the California Raisins...these are the jokes).

In conclusion, AFC victory is a fact, dominance on the other hand is a misnomer used by Patriot fans on NFC message boards.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Aikbach;1755178 said:
The AFC apologist that posted earlier will go unnamed although it is a curiosity why the individual masquerades on a Cowboy message board when his loyalties clearly lie elsewhere.

Regardless he is incorrect to assert AFC "dominance" this decade, victorious for certain but use of the word dominant in this instance is what English class teaches to be hyperbole.

Since the year 2000 the AFC has claimed one blowout of an NFC opponent, infact it was in the year 2000, since then a cancan dance of field goals has baraged the scene as exciting shootouts have claimed the day apart from one NFC blowout win ( no doubt an anomaly) and one horrendously officiated fiasco with the worst halftime show ever to boot (The Rolling Stones, although my generation knows them better as the California Raisins...these are the jokes).

In conclusion, AFC victory is a fact, dominance on the other hand is a misnomer used by Patriot fans on NFC message boards.

Brilliant! I thoroughly applaud this post.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack;1755175 said:
They even struggled to be winless miami, allowing that sorry team - with a backup QB - to score 31 points.

Yep.

The one thing that bugs me the most about the AFC > NFC chatter is the fact that pundits and talking heads act like it has been that way forever.

Personally, I think there are a few NFC teams such as Minny and Chicago that are a Quarterback away from being just as good as the 2nd and maybe 1st tier teams in the AFC.

- Mike G.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Aikbach;1755178 said:

Not to mention those three whopping three 3 point wins by the pats where they had to cheat to win.