anyone planned there holidays yet this year?

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
me and the girlfriend just booked flights today. i'm off to india for four and a half weeks at the end of august. flying in to mumbai and out of delhi. can't wait but on the down side now i've got 6 months to try and come up with enough spending money to live out a rucksack for a month :mad:
anyway where you all off to?

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
We are off to the Channel islands in June for a week, and then to California for just over two weeks in August.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
India is #874,984,475 place on my "must see" list.

Have fun though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've got a few destinations in mind. I just have to do some planning.

If I can wrap it around a business conference or two, then maybe I'll get a write-off out of it.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
daschoo;3279212 said:
me and the girlfriend just booked flights today. i'm off to india for four and a half weeks at the end of august. flying in to mumbai and out of delhi. can't wait but on the down side now i've got 6 months to try and come up with enough spending money to live out a rucksack for a month :mad:

After watching the Olympic coverage, especialy all the superfluous, travelogue-type pieces, I'm gonna make it a point to visit Vancouver BC area around spring or early summer.

My step-mom's originally from the London area. Her sister and bro-n-law live on Salt Spring Island. They've been after me to come up there for years.

India sounds cool, but it's not high on my "to see" list. Too unstable an area for Americans at the present IMO, plus I've been through that area while in the Corps.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Plan on continuing my trip around America. Still have a few states I have not gone to but will eventually visit all 50 states. Last few years have been on the east coast including Philadelphia last year where I also ended up taking the train to NY but did not get to spend much time in NY so I'll get heading up to NY for a week this summer.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
daschoo;3279212 said:

OK. I just gotta ask.

What do you do for fun in India?

I mean, other than a million Dell and HP call centers, what's the attraction?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I flying to Ireland to teach you the proper way to use their, there, and they're.

;)

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3279345 said:
OK. I just gotta ask.

Watch rats drink milk. They're people too over there.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3279345 said:
OK. I just gotta ask.

taj mahal, dalai lama, trekking in the himalayas, beaches in goa, the curry, wildlife, scenery, different culture and way of life. my girlfriend was there for 6 months during her gap year between high school and university and has been wanting to go back as long as i've known her.

Jon88;3279353 said:
I flying to Ireland to teach you the proper way to use their, there, and they're.

;)

fair point, let me know the address you're staying at and i'll send you a postcard from over here in scotland explaining the difference between i and i'm ;)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
daschoo;3279383 said:
my girlfriend was there for 6 months during her gap year between high school and university

Over here, it's called the "Freshman Fifteen".

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
daschoo;3279383 said:
....my girlfriend was there for 6 months during her gap year between high school and university and has been wanting to go back as long as i've known her.

Perfect!

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I'll be going to Israel this year, to stay with one of my old roommates. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about it, lol.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
daschoo;3279383 said:
fair point, let me know the address you're staying at and i'll send you a postcard from over here in scotland explaining the difference between i and i'm ;)

Zing! :D

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Holidays across the pond = Vacations in the USA. No we haven't planned our vacation yet..

chrisssteeven

Reaction score
I'm going to a few different countries abroad this year, Spain, Bulgaria and Germany with my family, France with my friends, Italy.I'm going to Oxegen this year but i don't know if you can call that a holiday.One of my friends isn't allowed to go abroad though so we'll be going somewhere up the country too, not sure where yet though.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
My sister called me the other day and want's to try a cruise again. We had to cancell last year because of her medical problems. (blew her money) She wants to go next spring (2011), so I told her fine. But I'll book my trip and they can book theirs at the same time.

I'm thinking a Royal Caribbean ship out of Galveston in late April, Western Caraibbean cruise. :)

As for this year, going to Arkansas in April for a visit. Then again for the holidays.