anyone seen "Gran Torino"?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Is it worth going to see? or maybe just a DVD rental?

Rogah

Reaction score
jimmy40;2583508 said:
Is it worth going to see? or maybe just a DVD rental?
I thought it was reasonably decent. It's 2 hours of Clint Eastwood being Clint Eastwood. If you like his movies then certainly go and see it. If you're not so much of an Eastwood fan, then wait for DVD or HBO.

kmp77

Reaction score
It's pretty good but pretty predictable. One of his more "real" movies. Every single cast member outside of Eastwood is HORRIBLE though. I don't even think they were actors it was that bad. I'd definitely rent it though!.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Worth seeing, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY overrated. The acting is terrible at many points.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I used to see them all the time back in the 80's but not that much any more. My best friend had one. :D

jimmy40

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2584304 said:
I used to see them all the time back in the 80's but not that much any more. My best friend had one. :D
my grandmother had one.:eek:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
kmp77;2583619 said:
It's pretty good but pretty predictable. One of his more "real" movies. Every single cast member outside of Eastwood is HORRIBLE though. I don't even think they were actors it was that bad. I'd definitely rent it though!.

Funny you say that, I haven't watched the movie yet, but I was told by my brother that the Hmong actors are from Fresno California, where I live, and none had any experience, aside from gang affiliation.

I don't know this to be fact, just stating what I was told.

kmp77

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2584715 said:
Funny you say that, I haven't watched the movie yet, but I was told by my brother that the Hmong actors are from Fresno California, where I live, and none had any experience, aside from gang affiliation.

I don't know this to be fact, just stating what I was told.

Believe it. They were bad..like student film bad.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I thought it was very good.

Eastwood was great and the story was pretty good.

Like everyone else said, the other actors are sub-par, but this is about Eastwood and his character anyway. He carries the film very, very well.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
We just watched it and I thought it was great. He was so rude and inappropriate it had me laughing more than once.

Maybe I just have lower standards, but I would not have regretted paying money to see it in the theater. (We d/l it and watched at home.)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Faerluna;2594856 said:
We just watched it and I thought it was great. He was so rude and inappropriate it had me laughing more than once.

Maybe I just have lower standards, but I would not have regretted paying money to see it in the theater. (We d/l it and watched at home.)

you downloaded it and watched it at home? Was this throug a legal service?

if so pleast let me know, I am always dying to go to the movies but with a 3 year old and a 7 month old and no family to babysit it is impossible for my wife and I to ever go!!!!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
theebs;2594887 said:

if so pleast let me know, I am always dying to go to the movies but with a 3 year old and a 7 month old and no family to babysit it is impossible for my wife and I to ever go!!!!

Not in the technical sense. :D

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I saw it a few weeks ago.

I thought it was pretty good.

There were alot of very funny lines.

Clint Eastwood is the best director in Hollywood at the moment.

yesfan

Reaction score
It was a decent flick.It actually was
pretty funny.If you like Clint go see it.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Yeah, great movie. We just happened to get ahold of a DVD Screener that fell off the truck.

Off topic: The new Will Smith drama 7 Pounds is great too... bit of a tearjerker though.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
theebs;2594887 said:

No it was not a legal service. It was most likely a torrent site. Think of a torrent site like a Napster for movies. All free, but not exactly legal.

I watched Gran Torino 2 weeks before it was even in the theaters by doing the same thing.

I thought it was very good and would recommend it to anyone.