Anyone watching Live Earth?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I wouldn't watch it if I had a gun pointed at my head.

Come to think of it, it would be like having a gun pointed at my head.

These nuts have lost their minds.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
ummm, ok, whatever.

some unbelievably awesome musical performances today!!! and did anyone catch the scientists who played in antarctica? that was classic!!! :lmao:

great stuff...

and i could watch shakira shake her butt all day long.

just saw the foo fighters do a TOTALLY badass version of "everlong"!!!!

ROCK ONNNN!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1546737 said:
this has been a pretty incredible day of music!!!

:)

I kind of had the opposite reaction - to me the benchmark is the first Live Aid concert -- that one had tons of cutting edge acts - this one had a lot of blah. At one point I was switching between stations and it was Jack Johnson and John Meyer performing at the same time. You don't get much more neutered than that.

Other folks in the thread should be careful not to confuse Al Gore's involvement with this as it being a political issue. Keith Urban mentioned at a concert last week that he was playing Live Earth and people booed. That's just freaking sad.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1546763 said:
and i could watch shakira shake her butt all day long.

That thing should be illegal. Whenever she comes on it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you just are mesmerized by it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Its always worth a laugh when the Hollywood crowd try and act all sanctimonius and self important. Which is most of the time.

sandy007

Reaction score
I watched parts of the show. I enjoyed the Police, Alicia Keys, Metallica, Crowded House, and Snoop Dogg.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
burmafrd;1547032 said:
Its always worth a laugh when the Hollywood crowd try and act all sanctimonius and self important. Which is most of the time.

I thought it was a hoot that some of the Golbal Warming crowd said they had a poor turnout in South Africa because of the cold and snow.

Man, these guys are something else.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1547196 said:
I thought it was a hoot that some of the Golbal Warming crowd said they had a poor turnout in South Africa because of the cold and snow.

It is the dead of Winter in S. Africa b/c they are in the Southern Hemisphere.

But keep denying the problem -- that'll keep them icecaps from melting.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1547196 said:

abersonc;1547202 said:
It is the dead of Winter in S. Africa b/c they are in the Southern Hemisphere.

But keep denying the problem -- that'll keep them icecaps from melting.

Let's keep this a matter of music/band issues...

There is no definitive proof for OR against the existence of global warming. It is a highly charged issue and the discussion won't be allowed here...

Carry on...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;1547211 said:

There is no definitive proof for OR against the existence of global warming. It is a highly charged issue and the discussion won't be allowed here...

Carry on...

Yes, we should get back to important matters like how hot Shakira's backside is - that thing could melt some icecaps (oops!)

irvin88

Reaction score
abersonc;1547213 said:
Yes, we should get back to important matters like how hot Shakira's backside is - that thing could melt some icecaps (oops!)

I think her booty is getting bigger.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
irvin88;1547215 said:
I think her booty is getting bigger.

Let's keep this a matter of how hot the thing is..

There is no definitive proof for OR against an increase in the size of her booty. It is a highly charged issue ...

(sorry TB -- it is just too much fun...)

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;1547211 said:

Carry on...

My bad.

You know how I am.

Some things just make me shake my head. Kinda like Shakira's backside, only not as hypnotic.