Appalachian State

Brave

Reaction score
Congrats to Appalachian State University on winning the 1-AA football championship last night. I'm an App St alumni so it was very exciting for me ... and everyone else in this area. Dexter Coakley must have enjoyed this one!

If you've followed the 1-AA tournament this year, you know how exciting these playoffs have been. It makes it even harder to understand why they won't find a way to have a playoff format in 1A.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I also would like to send my congrats as well......1st Championship ever...good for them

jay cee

Reaction score
Brave said:
Congrats to Appalachian State University on winning the 1-AA football championship last night. I'm an App St alumni so it was very exciting for me ... and everyone else in this area. Dexter Coakley must have enjoyed this one!

If you've followed the 1-AA tournament this year, you know how exciting these playoffs have been. It makes it even harder to understand why they won't find a way to have a playoff format in 1A.
Congrats to you and your squad. I was rooting for Texas State, but their Coach went brain dead in the semifinals I believe.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I was glad to see the Appy State win it all. I'm an East Tennessee State Alum and we don't even have football anymore. :(

Brave

Reaction score
Star Man ... when I was at App I made two trips to Johnson City. One to go to an ETSU-ASU game in the mini-dome and another to go to The Seahorse ... don't know if you remember that place (dollar well drinks ... this was the 80s).

A few years ago some buddies and I went up to the ETSU-ASU game in Boone. I believe it was ETSU's last football game. Sad.

jay cee

Reaction score
StarMan said:
I was glad to see the Appy State win it all. I'm an East Tennessee State Alum and we don't even have football anymore. :(
Wasn't Too Tall Jones from East Tenn State?