Apple store, Microsoft store

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
msft-aapl-stores.jpg

both stores are at:
Century City Mall, Los Angeles, Calif., Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
iceberg;4923991 said:
msft-aapl-stores.jpg

both stores are at:
Century City Mall, Los Angeles, Calif., Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

Ouch. That's just brutal for Microsoft.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Agreed, they should be showcasing their stuff on floors instead of tables and using something other than glass, like poster board.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Not a real comparison. Apple has TONS of other products people are in the store for, where MS seems to only be trying to sell the Surface.

At least that is what I got from the pictures.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dallas;4924346 said:
Not a real comparison. Apple has TONS of other products people are in the store for, where MS seems to only be trying to sell the Surface.

At least that is what I got from the pictures.

MS has *never* been into hardware. to open a store for the surface was a monument to idiocy. the entire MS push now is to compete with google, who's built for advertising, not IT/Enterprise.

they're about to get their hiney handed to them.

and again, if all they got is a one trick pony, setting up nationwide stores was just down right butt-nugget stupid.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
iceberg;4924540 said:
MS has *never* been into hardware. to open a store for the surface was a monument to idiocy. the entire MS push now is to compete with google, who's built for advertising, not IT/Enterprise.

they're about to get their hiney handed to them.

and again, if all they got is a one trick pony, setting up nationwide stores was just down right butt-nugget stupid.

...to see the market position being offered by MS to the consumer. If I were them I would seriously consider a drop in price point to get momentum in an already crowded market.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
In Bellevue, the mall has both the Apple Store and the Microsoft Store almost next to each other. While the Apple Store is usually more busy than the Microsoft store, the Microsoft store usually has quite a few people in it. It's also much bigger and has a Kinect set up where people are constantly dancing in the corner. I kinda like going in there just to see people make idiots of themselves trying to dance. :D

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4924607 said:
In Bellevue, the mall has both the Apple Store and the Microsoft Store almost next to each other. While the Apple Store is usually more busy than the Microsoft store, the Microsoft store usually has quite a few people in it. It's also much bigger and has a Kinect set up where people are constantly dancing in the corner. I kinda like going in there just to see people make idiots of themselves trying to dance. :D

And the people making idiots of themselves buying Microsoft products