Applebee’s waitress asks patron for ID, gets own stolen driver’s license in return

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Applebee’s waitress asks patron for ID, gets own stolen driver’s license in return

Imagine you're a waitress, out with friends on a night off, when you lose your wallet. Cash, credit cards, driver's license—all gone. Your bank later informs you that checks are being issued in your name.

It's a pain, but you carry on. Two weeks later, you're at work when four people walk in and sit in your section. They start ordering drinks. You ask to see their IDs. A woman in the group hands a driver's license to you. You look down, and it's yours.

That is precisely what police in Colorado say happened to Brianna Priddy, a server at a Lakewood Applebee's.

Priddy, though, didn't panic.

"I handed it back to her and said, 'Sure, I'll be right back with your margarita,'" she told Denver's NBC affiliate.
Priddy called the police, and tried to act normal while waiting for them to arrive.

"I put on my server smile and tried to take care of them, but I was shaking like crazy," she said.

When police arrived, the woman, whose name has not been released, was arrested on suspicion of theft, identity theft and criminal impersonation. Police also found narcotics in her possession.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/applebees-waitress-stolen-id-drivers-license-154712609.html

Phoenix

Reaction score
Outstanding. She handled the situation perfectly. What incredible luck for her!

I wonder if the thief tipped her?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
After receiving her beer, the thief said that waitress looks familiar. :)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Doomsday;5017837 said:
After receiving her beer, the thief said that waitress looks familiar. :)
If the waitress was the smart--- type she could have said while looking at the ID, you know this picture looks more like me than it does you hon.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Phoenix;5017774 said:
Outstanding. She handled the situation perfectly. What incredible luck for her!

I wonder if the thief tipped her?

Yes. I hear she got 20%.
But paid by credit card.... :eek:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
What kind of a moron doesn't realize the pic on the DL is of the person you are handing it to, well this one didn't.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
A similar thing happened to a buddy of mine when he worked the door part-time at a club here in the Dallas area.

This gal presented him a DL belonging to a girl he worked w/ at another bar/restaurant, who he instantly recognized because they'd known each other for several years.

He let her in, then 1st called the girl who confirmed, "Yes, her DL had been stolen" along w/ her purse several months earlier. Police were then called.

The gal who was in possession of the stolen ID, continued to claim she was in fact the owner of the ID, even as the true owner was standing off to the side, already having shown-up and presented the cops w/ her reissued DL, a SS card and a recent utility bill, as she was being stuffed into the back of their cruiser. :laugh2: