Apple's 'iPad' is the only tablet people know

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NEW YORK — Apple is on the verge of doing what few others have: change the English language.
ly one name you'll remember.

"For the vast majority, the idea of a tablet is really captured by the idea of an iPad,'" says Josh Davis, a manager at Abt Electronics in Chicago. "They gave birth to the whole category and brought it to life."

Full Article

#reality

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
It's because it was the first of it's kind. Everything else, while probably better, will only be seen as a 'copycat', or ignored all together by the masses.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rynie;4501080 said:
It's because it was the first of it's kind. Everything else, while probably better, will only be seen as a 'copycat', or ignored all together by the masses.

No, it wasn't the first of it's kind. It was definitely better than all the others when it came out though, there is no debating that. Apple also does a hell of a lot better marketing the the other companies do also.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4501132 said:
No, it wasn't the first of it's kind. It was definitely better than all the others when it came out though, there is no debating that. Apple also does a hell of a lot better marketing the the other companies do also.

I agree .. there are more powerful and versatile tablets out there but the iPad also makes things so simple, you don't have to think about it. As much as I appreciate and respect Apple for their products and marketing, I wish the competition would get more innovative.

#reality