Are Schedules Comparable Dallas vs Eagles

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eagles schedule and records of the teams played. I believe there is more to be made about this than simply Dallas plays stiffs and the Eagles are beating the '85 Bears every week.

My opinion is the Chiefs are not the team they have been in years past. However, going into KC and beating them was an accomplishment. But note the other three teams on the Eagles schedule who have impressive records all played in the Linc.

The three loses for Dallas are all on the road. I can't help but believe that is significant.

Patriots - 2-9
Vikings - 6-6
Buccaneers - 4-7
Commodores - 4-8
Rams - 5-6
Jets - 4-7
Dolphins - 8-3 - - played at home
Commodores - 4-8
Cowboys - 9-3 - - played at home
Chiefs - 8-3 - - played on the road
Bills - 6-6 - - played at home

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
I hate this argument from the media.... The schedules are the same except for three games.

Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Kansas City for Philly
vs.
Detroit, Carolina and Chargers for Dallas

If Detroit is as good as they claim to be then it's a wash as far as I can tell with KC. But all you hear is how easy Dallas' schedule is.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles schedule and records of the teams played. I believe there is more to be made about this than simply Dallas plays stiffs and the Eagles are beating the '85 Bears every week.

My opinion is the Chiefs are not the team they have been in years past. However, going into KC and beating them was an accomplishment. But note the other three teams on the Eagles schedule who have impressive records all played in the Linc.

The three loses for Dallas are all on the road. I can't help but believe that is significant.

Patriots - 2-9
Vikings - 6-6
Buccaneers - 4-7
Commodores - 4-8
Rams - 5-6
Jets - 4-7
Dolphins - 8-3 - - played at home
Commodores - 4-8
Cowboys - 9-3 - - played at home
Chiefs - 8-3 - - played on the road
Bills - 6-6 - - played at home
A good example of the sometimes weird deference to the eagles in schedule is the eagles win last week vs Buffalo. The bills came in 6-5, marched up and down the field all day vs Filly, and the eagles made a nice comeback twice and won it in OT 37-34. Hurts made huge plays when it mattered.

To me it’s the same as what Dallas did last night. The Hawks were 6-5, moved the ball almost at will all night, then Dak and the offense made plays when it mattered. Somehow many of our fans seem to think Sea isn’t that great. They were 6-3 three weeks ago (just like us) and have suffered some key injuries. They deserve a lot of credit for their game last night. As of now, Sea is a playoff team again this year.

I think there’s just a lot of people who look at records and style points and think the NFL is like college FB where beauty contest style points do matter. Unlike college FB, the NFL has razor thin talent margins and every opponent is capable of rising up and playing well against anyone.

CWR

Reaction score
I hate this argument from the media.... The schedules are the same except for three games.

Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Kansas City for Philly
vs.
Detroit, Carolina and Chargers for Dallas

If Detroit is as good as they claim to be then it's a wash as far as I can tell with KC. But all you hear is how easy Dallas' schedule is.

Especially since Detroit beat KC!

The media is full of crap.

They'll silence with each passing Cowboys victory. We will shut up a whole bunch of them next week. We ain't losing to Philly at home.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
A good example of the sometimes weird deference to the eagles in schedule is the eagles win last week vs Buffalo. The bills came in 6-5, marched up and down the field all day vs Filly, and the eagles made a nice comeback twice and won it in OT 37-34. Hurts made huge plays when it mattered.

To me it’s the same as what Dallas did last night. The Hawks were 6-5, moved the ball almost at will all night, then Dak and the offense made plays when it mattered. Somehow many of our fans seem to think Sea isn’t that great. They were 6-3 three weeks ago (just like us) and have suffered some key injuries. They deserve a lot of credit for their game last night. As of now, Sea is a playoff team again this year.

I think there’s just a lot of people who look at records and style points and think the NFL is like college FB where beauty contest style points do matter. Unlike college FB, the NFL has razor thin talent margins and every opponent is capable of rising up and playing well against anyone.
"When it mattered"

Possibly the absolutely worst phrase ever used for sports.

It always matters. Points count just as much in the first 5 minutes as they do in the last.

Play well enough early and often, and then the end of the game is just a time to play your backups and pad stats.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
82% identical schedules. 18% hyperbole and distortion from the media.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"When it mattered"

Possibly the absolutely worst phrase ever used for sports.

It always matters. Points count just as much in the first 5 minutes as they do in the last.

Play well enough early and often, and then the end of the game is just a time to play your backups and pad stats.
Offering the hot sports opinion, “when it mattered most”, lol. Good points.