are the cowboys jinxed?

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
will we go on like the cubs of the nfl... and not win another super bowl, much less a playoff game for another 50 yrs?

seems like it.
:(

triplets jinx????:eek:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Perhaps this is the price we have to pay for all our success from the 1960 through mid 1980s and the 1990s

Kilyin

Reaction score
No, we're next years champs. Have been for 11 years.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I refuse to believe we're jinxed. I take solace in the fact that we lost due to our own boneheadedness and not because the Giants are the better team. I know most of you are taking the opposite stance -- pissed off because we beat ourselves with mistakes, but it gives me hope. The talent is there and the players can learn from mistakes. I bet Romo gained some pocket presence/knowledge by going through what he did yesterday. Sometimes you have to crawl before you run. With upgrades at a few positions, the players will be fine.

What worries me is who will be coaching on offense next year if Sparano and Garrett are both gone. Losing our best coaches, now that's a jinx.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1904847 said:
I refuse to believe we're jinxed. I take solace in the fact that we lost due to our own boneheadedness and not because the Giants are the better team. I know most of you are taking the opposite stance -- pissed off because we beat ourselves with mistakes, but it gives me hope. The talent is there and the players can learn from mistakes. I bet Romo gained some pocket presence/knowledge by going through what he did yesterday. Sometimes you have to crawl before you run. With upgrades at a few positions, the players will be fine.

What worries me is who will be coaching on offense next year if Sparano and Garrett are both gone. Losing our best coaches, now that's a jinx.
well like the giants were saying "3rd times a charm" can apply for us next year. In my opinion we have beat ourselves the last 2 years in the playoffs

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It is hard to beat a team three times in a season. Worst part is we lost the only game we couldn't lose.

We were 3-1 against the two teams still alive to represent the NFC in the SB. We were the best team in the NFC. Hell, we were the best team yesterday as evidenced by our outgaining them by over 100 yards. We just didn't win. Play that game today or on Saturday and it is a blowout in our favour.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
When someone can prove that poor execution and dumb penalties = jinx..... then I will believe it.

Until then.....

Read the Sig.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
YoMick;1904916 said:
When someone can prove that poor execution and dumb penalties = jinx..... then I will believe it.

Until then.....

Read the Sig.
11 years, no playoff win.... on the verge of it

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1904816 said:
will we go on like the cubs of the nfl... and not win another super bowl, much less a playoff game for another 50 yrs?

seems like it.
:(

triplets jinx????:eek:
ah yes, when all else fails blame it on superstition, hexes, jinxes and the like.

It's far far easier to do that then look at the underlying causes at what ails our team and for the organization, from the front office to the players to take responsibility for its actions.

Believe what you want, but I prefer a situation in which the Cowboys have some sort of control over their destiny.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1904976 said:
11 years, no playoff win.... on the verge of it
I'm not sure how you possibly could think that could be construed as evidence of a jinx.

You just restated your theory in a different form.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yep. Ever since JJ got into that argument with Tagliablew, because JJ was right, it hurt the latter's ego and it's been horrible officiating ever since.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1905212 said:
Yep. Ever since JJ got into that argument with Tagliablew, because JJ was right, it hurt the latter's ego and it's been horrible officiating ever since.
when did this happen and what happened?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Rampage;1905220 said:
when did this happen and what happened?

It happened about ten years ago or a little longer than that. It was an argument about a team controlling its own marketing and the revenue it raised for itself, and not as a collective sharing thing, or something like that.

Eventually JJ won out, but I'm sure a lot of ego feathers were ruffled.