Are you a member of the brown beard club?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm a member of the brown beard club. I spent most of my life averse to facial hair. I always went clean shaven. Then the <censored> hit, and I was like [bleep] shaving, and I just let it grow. Well, crap! I didn't get the brown beard I wanted to match my brown hair! It came out with only a smidgen of brown, and the rest was grey. I had waited so long that I missed out on my natural color. Well, I wasn't going to take that! I found this stuff where you squeeze out from little tubes color base and developer, and then mix them together into a paste. Then with the little brush they provide, you apply it to your beard. You wait 6 minutes and then shower, rinsing all that out.

Cool! I got to join the brown beard club after all. However, it was a little too dark. I was using their medium brown version, so next time I used light brown. That one turned out slightly too light. So the next time, I mixed medium and light brown together, and voilà! It was perfect.

I can't believe the nerve of those whiskers. I didn't give them permission to come out grey. Well, I sure showed them. They take orders from me, and not the other way around.

So what exactly is wrong with having a grey beard? Nothing! If you're good with having a grey beard, go for it. But that wasn't what I wanted. I ordered those whiskers to grow out brown, but they disobeyed me! Can you believe that?

If you're a member of the brown beard club, speak out. Let me know if it came out that way or if you needed help from a dye system like I did.

Or if you're the member of the grey beard club, speak out as well. I won't be joining your club just yet. Maybe at some point in later years, but not now.

Maybe someone is from the blonde beard club or even the red beard club. You're much more rare.

Or maybe someone's from my ex club, the clean shaven club. Go ahead and speak out. Nothing wrong with going clean shaven. It's simpler.

I know someone will probably give me grief for coloring my beard. Well, pffffft! I didn't want it to be grey; I wanted brown, and I get to do what I want. It's my hair after all. I get to do with it what I want. I still can't believe it didn't follow my orders.

I'd bet the brown beard club has the most members anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Member of the mostly brown beard club with some gray around the chin.

Unlike you, I wasn't able to grow it sooner because the stupid Military says it keeps you from creating a good seal with a gas mask. Yeah, whatever bro. Let me grow.
So after 23yrs, 8months and 2 days of that restrictive non-sense, I was final free from their tyranny and allowed to grow the long awaited beard...

and after about 2 weeks, my face became more and more itchy by the day. I just couldn't keep from scratching. It became so unbearable that I had to cut it back down to bare skin. "Pheewww. What a relief!"

Then after a few months, I'd try again. The 2nd time around, I could fight the itchy feeling until about the 3rd week, in which I had to shave it all down again. Rinse and repeat until probably my 5th or 6th attempt to grow a beard. I guess by then my pores or whatever were getting conditioned to it.

So, after a year later, I finally have my beard, and a majestic one at that. I still work around Active Duty personnel and have heard a few times that I look like the "Taliban"! It's not really that thick, it's just that any beard, even scruff makes a person look like Grizzly Adams in the eyes of an enlisted person that's been indoctrinated by Military grooming standards.

The Wifey is Asian, so she was not really an advocate of the beard at first. Fast forward to now and she loves to massage it. No one can resist the power of a decent beard.

thats-nice.gif

I have now moved on to the next stage of being a filthy civilian and that is growing my hair out. Having hair touch my ears is something that's hard to get used to, but I just have to push through this stage if I'm to achieve that full-on hobo look I'm going for!

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
elegance-semi-permanent-hair-color-black-1.jpg

Can't use "Just for men" as is burns my skin. This however works great. I'll be 55 in a couple weeks and need a little help now. I swear I get treated different when I've touched the beard up.

Hardline

Reaction score
I currently have a half Grey and half black goatee that's about 10 inches long.
I double braid it like a Viking
It's identical to bass player in one of my favorite bands Nightwish.
My hair is this long too.
44e1ab229b1dbefc598d3a98047fce43--marco-hietala.jpg

JBond

Reaction score
Been with my wife for 26+ years. Went shaved head during the <censored>. It started out as a fun thing for my wife and daughter to do on a Friday when we were bored. The grey beard has been around for about 6 years. I shaved it once and the family freaked out. Lol. Wife claims to love the mature look. That is good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Shaved head with a full beard for 20+ years now. I've got some grey in it but nah, I'm not going to color it. I use a beard oil on it every morning and it keeps it soft and luxurious similar to a that of a puma.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Member of the mostly brown beard club with some gray around the chin.

Unlike you, I wasn't able to grow it sooner because the stupid Military says it keeps you from creating a good seal with a gas mask. Yeah, whatever bro. Let me grow.
So after 23yrs, 8months and 2 days of that restrictive non-sense, I was final free from their tyranny and allowed to grow the long awaited beard...

and after about 2 weeks, my face became more and more itchy by the day. I just couldn't keep from scratching. It became so unbearable that I had to cut it back down to bare skin. "Pheewww. What a relief!"

Then after a few months, I'd try again. The 2nd time around, I could fight the itchy feeling until about the 3rd week, in which I had to shave it all down again. Rinse and repeat until probably my 5th or 6th attempt to grow a beard. I guess by then my pores or whatever were getting conditioned to it.

So, after a year later, I finally have my beard, and a majestic one at that. I still work around Active Duty personnel and have heard a few times that I look like the "Taliban"! It's not really that thick, it's just that any beard, even scruff makes a person look like Grizzly Adams in the eyes of an enlisted person that's been indoctrinated by Military grooming standards.

The Wifey is Asian, so she was not really an advocate of the beard at first. Fast forward to now and she loves to massage it. No one can resist the power of a decent beard.

thats-nice.gif

I have now moved on to the next stage of being a filthy civilian and that is growing my hair out. Having hair touch my ears is something that's hard to get used to, but I just have to push through this stage if I'm to achieve that full-on hobo look I'm going for!

No one can resist the power of a decent beard.

Quick... you need to trademark this jingle