Are you near the NETX area for sports radio/Cowboys talk

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
Just curious if or how many on this board are from the North East Texas area? Now, I know everyone likes their annonimity (sp), but a buddy of mine on here and I are from around Texarkana, and would like some better options for sports radio. It's either all National shows; Mike and Mike, Cowherd, Dan Patrick, and Casilleus (sp). Then at 5 it goes to the only local sports show, which no offense to them is dedicated to the high school stuff. Then after that it goes to a sports station out of Fayetville or Little Rock for UArkansas sports talk. If you're from around here I'm just wondering about how many people would like the local ESPN affiliate to get something on w/more Texas pro sports talk going. If so let me know on this thread or PM me if you don't want your locale broadcast so we can see what we can get done. Thanks in advance.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
11 miles from Texas Stadium....7 miles from the new stadium is finished. :D

Go online, www.theticket.com and listen there.
they are the Cowboys flagship station.

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
jazzcat22;1246141 said:
11 miles from Texas Stadium....7 miles from the new stadium is finished. :D

Go online, www.theticket.com and listen there.
they are the Cowboys flagship station.

Must be nice.

A buddy of mine and I are thinking of pitching a sports show idea to our local affiliate and that is why I was curious about the above. I just didn't do a very good job of giving it a title.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;1246188 said:
Must be nice.

A buddy of mine and I are thinking of pitching a sports show idea to our local affiliate and that is why I was curious about the above. I just didn't do a very good job of giving it a title.

Good idea Ttown...

740 KCMC doesn't reach the 25 miles from T-Town to my abode very well... and you can forget it at night...

I listen to the sports stations on XM Radio...

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;1246188 said:

Just my 2-cents worth, I'm not a radio insider or 'nuttin, but I'm thinking "Talking Sports from TT Town", is not going to go over real well with PD's.

;)

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;1246211 said:
Good idea Ttown...

740 KCMC doesn't reach the 25 miles from T-Town to my abode very well... and you can forget it at night...

I listen to the sports stations on XM Radio...

I figured you might get 740. I'd love to get something rolling on FM. There is an FM ESPN affiliate out of Little Rock, but you can never get it in Texarkana and they are freakin' Hog crazed anyway.

I tried to get WoodysGirl to kick this back to the Zone where more would see it to get an idea if there would be much listenership for Cowboys related stuff in this area, but she's a tuffy.

Any idea if many on here are from around our parts?

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1246237 said:
Just my 2-cents worth, I'm not a radio insider or 'nuttin, but I'm thinking "Talking Sports from TT Town", is not going to go over real well with PD's.

;)

PD's? Fill me in. That is why I posted here to see if any were from around these parts would be interested in more Cowboys/Texas Pro-Sports talk in Texarkana. It's a little too much Hogs, Cardinals, High School talk for me, but I'm not originaly from here, though I do love some good high school football.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;1246246 said:
I figured you might get 740. I'd love to get something rolling on FM. There is an FM ESPN affiliate out of Little Rock, but you can never get it in Texarkana and they are freakin' Hog crazed anyway.

I tried to get WoodysGirl to kick this back to the Zone where more would see it to get an idea if there would be much listenership for Cowboys related stuff in this area, but she's a tuffy.

Any idea if many on here are from around our parts?

Actually KPYN 900 broadcasts the Cowboy games and other local sports of interest...

They are a contemporary Christian station when they aren't doing the local sports/Cowboys thing...

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;1246262 said:
PD's? Fill me in.

:p:

PD=Program Director

Sorry man, didn't mean to hijack your thread with smart-a comments, it's just that it's raining here, the wife's out shopping, and I can't get out and do any work on my house, so I'M BORED! :D

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1246283 said:
:p:

PD=Program Director

Sorry man, didn't mean to hijack your thread with smart-a comments, it's just that it's raining here, the wife's out shopping, and I can't get out and do any work on my house, so I'M BORED! :D

No problem bro. I didn't take it that way anyhow. I'm pretty laid back. I got you on the PD though. That is why I put the post out to see if there would be a following to pitch to the PD.