Ark Survival Evolved {pc game}

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
As survival crafting/sandbox ones go this is one of the best. That being said a lot of survivals are wretchedly horrid, I mean pure garbo. It really depends on how you play it and with whom as to how fun it can be.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My kids *love* it. You can't port characters from server to server, so look to start in a newer PvP server, if that's the route you go.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
My kids *love* it. You can't port characters from server to server, so look to start in a newer PvP server, if that's the route you go.

Wait, ive heard in PvP even if you log off people can kill you can steal your stuff? Not sure if this is what I want being a total newbie.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, ive heard in PvP even if you log off people can kill you can steal your stuff? Not sure if this is what I want being a total newbie.

Yeah. There are a fairly limited number of places where you can build a defensible base. If you get on a server where they're all filled, people come by periodically and raid you and kill your dinos. It's a PITA. That said, if you're on a relatively new server and get a good location, you can fortify it and make it defensible.

As people develop, they tend to get more competitive by banding together into larger tribes, so if you're not established before that point, you can spend a lot of time getting relatively far along only to be wiped out while you sleep. That's the fun of it, though.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yeah. There are a fairly limited number of places where you can build a defensible base. If you get on a server where they're all filled, people come by periodically and raid you and kill your dinos. It's a PITA. That said, if you're on a relatively new server and get a good location, you can fortify it and make it defensible.

As people develop, they tend to get more competitive by banding together into larger tribes, so if you're not established before that point, you can spend a lot of time getting relatively far along only to be wiped out while you sleep. That's the fun of it, though.

I went through the server list and apart from seeing some labeled "Offical' while others were PvP or PvE. Are the ones labeled official PvP or PvE? And how do you tell if a server is brand new? Sorry for so many questions, guess I need to go read some guides.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went through the server list and apart from seeing some labeled "Offical' while others were PvP or PvE. Are the ones labeled official PvP or PvE? And how do you tell if a server is brand new? Sorry for so many questions, guess I need to go read some guides.

Yeah, we're getting beyond my experience with it here. I just know my kids are shouting at each other about it in their bedrooms until 2AM some nights, and I hear the stories at the dinner table. They really do love it, though, so I'd definitely give it a shot.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sounds like an old school Ultima Online but a different genre.

I recently got hooked on the XBOX One free D@D game Winter....something just to kill time.