Article: Eagles-Cowboys tickets are available -- at a price

Angus

Reaction score
Eagles-Cowboys tix are available, if you have lots of dough

By PAUL VIGNA

vignap@phillynews.com

As of late yesterday afternoon, there were around 1,500 tickets available on RazorGator.com for the Oct. 8 Eagles-Cowboys game at Lincoln Financial Field. They weren't cheap, averaging around $400 apiece.

It's politely called the secondary market, although it would have a different name - scalping - if folks made this sale in the shadow of Lincoln Financial Field rather than online.

Finding that reservoir of available tickets for all of the Birds' home games particularly rankled fans yesterday, a day after the team sold out its individual-game tickets in a matter of minutes.

Mark Donovan, the Eagles' senior vice president of business operations, heard the outcry. Wednesday's blink-of-an-eyelash sale had nothing to do, he said, with the volume of tickets available at that site and others.

"We did do a single-game sale," he said yesterday. "They went in minutes. They always do. It's the same number of tickets that we sell every year."

Now, RazorGator.com and the Birds are in the second year of what Donovan said was a "multiyear" contract. This isn't unique: RazorGator.com also has been tied in with the Patriots, 49ers and Seahawks, among others. Donovan said he knows of at least nine NFL teams that have a smiliar deal with StubHub.com, another ticket supplier.

RazorGator.com advertises on the Eagles' Web site, places ads in the team's programs and magazine, and composes a mailer that's sent to season-ticketholders. "They are an advertising partner only," Donovan said, "We have absolutely no involvement in a ticket transaction. We don't share in that."

It is accorded, he said, privileges consistent with Lincoln Financial and the team's many other partners, including tickets. He would not say how many, only that it's "a minuscule amount compared to the number they sell." RazorGator spokeswoman Kel Kelly yesterday described her company, which started in 2000, as a marketplace that "legitimizes what used to be back-alley scalping." Most of the sellers on the site, she added, are season-ticketholders.

Sellers are paid through PayPal, an online payment system, within 3 days after buyers have received their tickets. Prices can fluctuate during the posting. There's no ceiling, obvious by the seven seats in Section 120 that were going yesterday for more than $800 apiece.

That Eagles-Cowboys game is still 16 weeks away.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14831610.htm

dallasblue05

Reaction score
way too much to pay for a reg. season game. I've got tickets at about to 10-15 yard lin 15 rows up for 120 a piece, and those seasts were just fine.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31 said:
its gotta be because of TO. i went 2 years ago got great seats and they were 200 a peice
It depends where you sit, I paid almost double that for last year's Cowboys-Eagles game at the Linc but they were at the 45-yard line, row 4 or 5, I believe. Box seats would be even more ridiculous.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
this gonna be like super bowl part 2.....

lots of people spending lots of money to come out very disappointed.

:lmao:

MONT17

Reaction score
Season ticket holders are have to be lovin it... that 1 game pays for the entire season!!!

this is the Iggs Super Bowl so i guess its worth it!!! this ticket broker thing is taking a life of its own and has created a market where Season Tickets are a better deal than Single game tix!!!

wait till the new stadium the Boys will be selling Tix for 3x that!!!

Star Struck

Reaction score
I'll stick with watching my games at Texas Stadium. Its a better atmosphere and I'm less likely to get attacked!