Article - Players views on "In the Grasp" call on Dak

Sydla

Reaction score
I had stepped away from the Jones' hands to the face. I just assumed it was the right call but was it that ticky tack?

TheHerd

Reaction score
I love Bruschi's comment the best:
"In the grasp?! Where was that ref in Super Bowl XLII?"

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
I had stepped away from the Jones' hands to the face. I just assumed it was the right call but was it that ticky tack?

Was it? Not only did his hands barely touch the receivers face mask, it appeared that the receiver actually moved Bryon’s hand up there trying to get off the jam.

Terrible call.

superonyx

Reaction score
The NFL is a seriously flawed product that makes it hard and foolish to get emotionally invested in.
The fact that penalties are such judgement calls and so crucial to the outcome and yet their is no mechanism in place to allow a coach to use any of their challenges on them is ridiculous.

Its true that the refs could call penalties on so many plays if they choose. This applies to the Cowboys and every team in the league. So I am not crying bias.
No game should be won or loss on such calls. With almost every game coming down to 1 possession this is what helps determine the outcome in way too many games both good and bad.

They need to fix this crap with several approaches. Consistency is what most fans and players want. It shouldnt be too much to ask for.
These refs can see a guys pinky toe touch a blade of grass as extremely fast speeds and be right most of the time but penalties seem to be something they can't see or get right consistently.

I dont want to win or lose with the refs playing a crucial part. I just want a fair consistent product I feel safe getting emotionally invested in. This is just entertainment and poor officiating is not making this more entertaining for anyone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It was a weak call.

Especially compared to Taco being tackled in the redzone.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Donald would have sacked him and backed off with the quick whistle.