As fans we cannot see....

juck

Reaction score
if our Wrs are getting seperation and open or if its Romo.We never get tape of the game to actually see this since the camera follows the ball.period.I read some here saying Crayton was wide open many times at the end of pittsburgh game.How did they see that?It is hard to think TO and RW11 and Crayton arent open though,I mean cmon.If its the case of romo not seeing the field,what happened?Is he turning into Derek Anderson on us?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Most people say they were 'wide-open' cause they see the tail end of the play, after the catch, or incompletion, when the defense has stopped focusing on their guy and they see a guy standing there alone. They don't know, for sure, if the guy was actually open through out the play or not but they're going to act like they know that because it's part of the complaining agenda.

The vast majority of routes there is simply no way to know, during the play, rather the people were open or not cause you can't see them anyway.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Crayton was wide open. Any highlight shows that the 4th and 10 that Romo threw to Witten, Crayton crossed underneath and had no one around him. The steelers went to blanket Witten

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
McLovin;2484489 said:
Crayton was wide open. Any highlight shows that the 4th and 10 that Romo threw to Witten, Crayton crossed underneath and had no one around him. The steelers went to blanket Witten

Witten was wide open too. He just didn't turn to get the ball. If he had no one would even have noticed Crayton.

And it's even more hilarious that ANYONE on these forums (save a very select few) are pimping Crayton in any positive manner after pretty much everyone here did nothing but trash the call all year long and now they want to talk about how open he was, and hasn't been getting the ball, because he went and talked with the OC about his issues.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure Romo has missed some open targets and I'm sure there are times he does not have the luxury of looking for the 3rd option on a play as the defenders are closing in. I know it is easy to hit WR on the couch but a bit different as you know time is running out and you are either going to take the sack or get rid of the ball