As of now what position

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I voted OG ....... but we need to get a QB soon ....... I wouldnt mind them getting Carr next year if the Texans release him.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
While it'd be a lot of money invested in our secondary, I say FS. However part of me wants to give Davis another year. He remarked towards the end of the season how he was "seeing things better."

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I voted OLB because I think there are more LB candidates in the draft than good FS candidates. However, I have them down as about equal as far as need goes.

I have WR running a fairly close third because we didn't get any younger with our latest WR signing.

WE have addressed the OL to some extent in FA and I am not a big believer in drafting OL in the 1st unless it is a Robert Gallery type of sure thing (or as near as it gets to sure thing).

With Julius healthy and MBIII and Tyson T. to back him up I think we are set at RB.

The D-Line is in pretty good shape except at NT and we are not really hurting there.

There won't be a QB that will fall to us that would be worthy of a first round pick. So we can get one in a later round if the value is there. Plus I have more confidence in Romo that many around here.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
I voted OG ....... but we need to get a QB soon ....... I wouldnt mind them getting Carr next year if the Texans release him.

Carr signed a 3 year deal, he wont be getting released anytime soon buddy. QB if we get 1 will be round 3. Round 1 i say OLB (Carpenter) if we dont sign Julian Peterson. and we might even go for a Safety or trade down to atleast the 22 and 29 from denver for our 1st pick, 5th pick and somn else. making us have 2 picks in the first to spend on FS (Williams?) and add depth somewhere especailly carpenter at OLB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
My mind is saying FS, but my heart voted WR. WR because I fear TO or Glenn going down.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
My mind is saying FS, but my heart voted WR. WR because I fear TO or Glenn going down.

thats why theres Keyshawn and Crayton hahahahahahaha MWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SB!!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didnt know Carr extended his deal ....... but maybe we can get him for a mid round pick next year

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
no doubt we trade down and pick up another 3rd rounder, draft a LB first, then an OT/FS..we are gettin old at the OT position so i think we go OT in 2nd or 3rd round..but if there's a better FS available by the 2nd round..i say we go FS then OT bc this draft is very deep at OT and FS..this could be our year

:starspin

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I changed my mind. And I really really hate to do this, and Parcells has never drafted this position in his career in the 1st round, but I'm thinking we trade down and pick up a third and grab Marcus McNeill. Then trade that 3rd and Ellis for a high second and get FS Jason Allen. And with the 49th pick in the 2nd round, draft OLB Kamerion Wimbley or Mark Anderson.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I voted for WR, but that's only if Chad Jackson or Holmes is still available.

If Huff or Jimmy Williams slips to 18, I may have to reconsider.

I am of the opinion that we are ok for now at LB. We have more pressing needs.

There's also the trade down scenario where we can p/u a FS and a LB snd have an xtra pick in either the 2nd or 3rd to invest in a raw, but physically gifted WR.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have options, but I'd prefer a WR high.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I voted for WR, but that's only if Chad Jackson or Holmes is still available.

If Huff or Jimmy Williams slips to 18, I may have to reconsider.

I am of the opinion that we are ok for now at LB. We have more pressing needs.

There's also the trade down scenario where we can p/u a FS and a LB snd have an xtra pick in either the 2nd or 3rd to invest in a raw, but physically gifted WR.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have options, but I'd prefer a WR high.
Here he is.
WR Jeff Webb 6'2 200 --- 4.37 40
2005: 92 catches for 1109 yards with 10 TD's.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need a kicker where is that option? :lmao:

Ok ok joking aside I went OLB.

For the record, we won't go OL at 18.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I think we vote for BPA so it is a tough pool so I will choose position that I think BPA drops to us...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The truth is we are in good enough shape across the board that we could go a lot of different directions that I wouldn't argue with if someone slipped down the board. For instance I would take Nagata in a heartbeat if he fell to us; not likely at all but stranger things have happened. But looking at players that are likely to be there I'm actually leaning toward Lawson; mostly because of Carpenters injury.

ddh33

Reaction score
I've been saying Kamerion Wimbley for weeks...

I think there will be value at #18 in the form of some good OLB candidates. But with all of this recent action towards LBs in free agency, and the young players you would expect to be part of your core as you move forward, I don't know...

Gabe Watson is kind of interesting though. He has some experience as a NT in a 3-4. Dallas has shown a ton of interest in him. That is a big "need" position, and Dallas lacks depth there.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
FS

I'll take my chances with Burnett/Singleton before I take them with Davis again.. I think that Burnett/Singleton can be solid.. I don't think that Davis can be.. (though I do want to keep him as a backup and a special teams player)