As read on another board

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I read on another board that some talk radio guy or girl in Dallas is now saying that Parcells must be against having Owens on the team because he never refers to him as TO or Terrell or Owens just as "the player".

Did anyone else hear the talk radio host make that comment?

What is it with the Dallas media that they constantly have to stir the pot. We probably have the best Cowboy team since 1995 ready for action and all they do is try to cause trouble.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I read on another board that some talk radio guy or girl in Dallas is now saying that Parcells must be against having Owens on the team because he never refers to him as TO or Terrell or Owens just as "the player".

Did anyone else hear the talk radio host make that comment?

What is it with the Dallas media that they constantly have to stir the pot. We probably have the best Cowboy team since 1995 ready for action and all they do is try to cause trouble.

Parcells always refers to his individual players as "the player"...

"How's Keyshawn working out these days"?

"Well, the player is working hard, running his routes and doing what I want him to do".

:star:

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
again....people HOPING to make a mountain out of a molehill.

i think, if anything, parcells is just trying to divert attention from T.O. as much as possible.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
5Stars said:

"Well, the player is working hard, running his routes and doing what I want him to do".

Yup, just listen to any press conference. He does this all the time.

"I like the player"..."Let's not put the player in Canton just yet"..."The player needs to hold on to the football"...etc, etc.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Please remember

Whoever it was they were probably listening to espn 1033 here in Dallas and that station has already declared its agenda for the season, the ticket has exclusive cowboys coverage and is broadcasting the games so they are playing the bad cop role.

Also, if it was jen engle/steve Dennis or randy galloway take it with a grain of salt because they are about as relevant as Bell Bottoms.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
5Stars said:

Bill is a old pro. Your point on!

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
again....people HOPING to make a mountain out of a molehill.

i think, if anything, parcells is just trying to divert attention from T.O. as much as possible.
Problem is TO is doing everything he can to keep the attention on himself

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
theebs said:
Please remember

Whoever it was they were probably listening to espn 1033 here in Dallas and that station has already declared its agenda for the season, the ticket has exclusive cowboys coverage and is broadcasting the games so they are playing the bad cop role.

Also, if it was jen engle/steve Dennis or randy galloway take it with a grain of salt because they are about as relevant as Bell Bottoms.
Yeah, shame on ESPN station for not grabbing pom poms and bending down to kiss the feet of Jerry Jones and company.

And yet we sit here and point out Art and ES's love affair with Synder and the Commanders. Does the phrase "Hi Pot, I'm Kettle. You're black!" mean anything?

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Problem is TO is doing everything he can to keep the attention on himself

yea, you'll always have that factor.

but parcells will squash it on his end as much as possible.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Yeah, shame on ESPN station for not grabbing pom poms and bending down to kiss the feet of Jerry Jones and company.

And yet we sit here and point out Art and ES's love affair with Synder and the Commanders. Does the phrase "Hi Pot, I'm Kettle. You're black!" mean anything?

First off that is not what I am saying.

Secondly no one at the ticket kisses anyones azz. The hardline hates the cowboys, they hate parcells and they basically only talk about negative stuff. Norm is middle of the road. The musers and bad radio are on the homer side but they are usually too busy making jokes and parodies out of stuff to really get into detail.

I dont like espn1033 anymore because of jen engle. She has become this crazy wild hater of everything. No one is good enough, no one meets her standards etc.......

I dont like Owens, I agree with alot of the stuff espn 1033 says about owens, howeve I would prefer they talk more about the rookies and other young players that are the core of this team instead of spendin an hour everyday since the guy was signed to just talk about one player out of 53 on a team with good young players.

Happy now. Go stick your kettle and your pot.

and one more thing, I never go to extremeskins and I dont even know who art is. If you want to spend time on a Commanders forum that is your business dont lump me in there with you.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He referred to Bledsoe as "the quarterback" most of training camp last year if I remember correctly.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
theebs said:
First off that is not what I am saying.

Secondly no one at the ticket kisses anyones azz. The hardline hates the cowboys, they hate parcells and they basically only talk about negative stuff. Norm is middle of the road. The musers and bad radio are on the homer side but they are usually too busy making jokes and parodies out of stuff to really get into detail.

I dont like espn1033 anymore because of jen engle. She has become this crazy wild hater of everything. No one is good enough, no one meets her standards etc.......

I dont like Owens, I agree with alot of the stuff espn 1033 says about owens, howeve I would prefer they talk more about the rookies and other young players that are the core of this team instead of spendin an hour everyday since the guy was signed to just talk about one player out of 53 on a team with good young players.

Happy now. Go stick your kettle and your pot.

and one more thing, I never go to extremeskins and I dont even know who art is. If you want to spend time on a Commanders forum that is your business dont lump me in there with you.
Hey kid - keep the personal attacks to yourself, you were the one that threw out the first venom, I only asked a question. And I'll ask this - Are you saying it's okay for the Hardline to hate on the Boys but if ESPN does it they're bad guys?

Like it or not T.O. is the story, same with Deion 10 years ago, Deion did everything he could to make sure he was the story, from a decked out Mercedes Golf Cart to calling a press conference to announce he had become born again. TO has done the same and if he doesn't want to be the topic of conversation then he shouldn't have picked a team with a high media presence (I'm an A-Rod fan but he shouldn't gripe about the NY media since he chose to play there), he shouldn't have cut a rap song that trashed his former team minutes after his press conference, he shouldn't have released a book nor promoted it. TO has been on late night shows, showing up in a NBA championship game with an opposing jersey giving interviews, etc. So please tell me how he should be treated as only one of fifty-three. I don't recall any of the other fifty two guys doing this.

And yes I check out other team forums, because like Phoenix-Talon and other opposing fans, you always want to know how the other side thinks. Sorry if that bothers you, you'd be wise to do a search on Art and ES - will do you well in the future, especially during Cowboys-Skins week because they will be talked about.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Hey kid - keep the personal attacks to yourself, you were the one that threw out the first venom, I only asked a question. And I'll ask this - Are you saying it's okay for the Hardline to hate on the Boys but if ESPN does it they're bad guys?

Like it or not T.O. is the story, same with Deion 10 years ago, Deion did everything he could to make sure he was the story, from a decked out Mercedes Golf Cart to calling a press conference to announce he had become born again. TO has done the same and if he doesn't want to be the topic of conversation then he shouldn't have picked a team with a high media presence (I'm an A-Rod fan but he shouldn't gripe about the NY media since he chose to play there), he shouldn't have cut a rap song that trashed his former team minutes after his press conference, he shouldn't have released a book nor promoted it. TO has been on late night shows, showing up in a NBA championship game with an opposing jersey giving interviews, etc. So please tell me how he should be treated as only one of fifty-three. I don't recall any of the other fifty two guys doing this.

And yes I check out other team forums, because like Phoenix-Talon and other opposing fans, you always want to know how the other side thinks. Sorry if that bothers you, you'd be wise to do a search on Art and ES - will do you well in the future, especially during Cowboys-Skins week because they will be talked about.

Dude again. I dont like owens. You dont know me and you are making WRONG generalizations.

KID?? ***? U attack me and say I am the pot calling the kettle black and you come back with that. I am 29 years old genius, keep your personal attacks to yourself. Especially when you dont have a clue.

I have been on eagles, giants and Commanders boards. They are a waste of time, particularly ES. So why would I need them to make the skins week more enjoyable.

You are really way off here. How the hardline handles their dislike is much much different from how galloway/engle or dennis do it, much different.

There are enough good things to talk about that Owens doesnt have to be the only cowboys topic every single friggin day. That is where the ticket is better, they talk about the team. Everyone is going to spend some time on owens because the douchebag needs attention however 1033 does not need to devote the whole station to talking about him and telling us how much they hate him everyday.

SO get a clue before you insult someone twice. Especially when you are inaccurate.

fortdick

Reaction score
Remember, Parcells said he wasn;t going to talk about Owens until training camp? This is just his way of holding to that promise. If he talks about T.O., then he opens the door for all the questions he has refused to answer to date.

Nothing to look at here.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
One more thing, I never even responded to what you wrote. I responded to the canadian cowboys fan's post #1.

Not to yours....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
And with this said I'm done with the conversation.

Good fantastic. U come after me for no reason, then you act like you were offended or something.

Next time dont make generalizations about people, especially when your dead wrong.

If you cant follow along with the posts dont bother responding.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
And with this said I'm done with the conversation.

and again, I think you are misunderstanding that...

You called me a kid, to which I responded

KID? ***? then started my statement with U and I think you are taking it like an insult again, which to me is funny.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
:hammer: