Asante Samuel and Lito Sheppard Party away??

dcjules

Reaction score
Two pro-bowl corners pouring champagne over scantily clad dancers in a nightclub (mur.mur @ Borgata) partying the night away in Atlantic City??? This happened on Tues, albeit the players day off. The week leading up to a possible playoff type game??? Isnt this news for ESPN??? Where is Ed Werder??? Oh thats Sal Palotonio turf??? Hmmm, double standard or those guys are just plain boring???

It was reported in local paper, under the entertainment section!!!!

links18

Reaction score
Ehh, they will probably play better after a party like that.....:lmao2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dcjules;2525665 said:
Two pro-bowl corners pouring champagne over scantily clad dancers in a nightclub (mur.mur @ Borgata) partying the night away in Atlantic City??? This happened on Tues, albeit the players day off. The week leading up to a possible playoff type game??? Isnt this news for ESPN??? Where is Ed Werder??? Oh thats Sal Palotonio turf??? Hmmm, double standard or those guys are just plain boring???

Seriously... I have hung with NFL players and partied with them as well. They have to enjoy themselves and not every sighting of an NFL player enjoying himself at night equates to a pacman shoot em up. They were having a good time on their time off. There's no story here.. hence why you don't see BSPN.

4miler

Reaction score
dcjules;2525665 said:

Because nobody gives a rats arse about the Eagles. ESPN reports the Cowboys 24-7 because we are Americas team not the Giants, nor the Eagles or Commanders. The Cowboys draw the interest of the entire country not just one city like the rest. The most loved and the most hated, ESPN knows that so they report Cowboys news "To said" instead of "Plaxico shoots himself in leg ... missed head by two feet."

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Just like the Browns fight, didn't even see it on ESPN.

Well, I wouldn't know because I swore off ESPN after last year.

NFL network is just slightly better than them. Barely.

Its a shame because as a kid everyday before school I would watch Sportscenter, and now its just painful to watch because they are so money hungry. The Cowboy segments are teased for 45 minutes of the show, and finally shown at the end - Jerry should be getting some cutbacks from the worldwide leader in sports monopolization.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2525757 said:

NFL network is just slightly better than them. Barely.

Its a shame because as a kid everyday before school I would watch Sportscenter, and now its just painful to watch because they are so money hungry. The Cowboy segments are teased for 45 minutes of the show, and finally shown at the end - Jerry should be getting some cutbacks from the worldwide leader in sports monopolization.

You're exactly right when it comes to ESPN covering the Cowboys. It's always "Coming up next," "Still to come,"Just ahead," for like you said, 45 minutes. I don't even wait around anymore.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2525907 said:
they are pretty much out of the playoffs so it doesn't matter.

You must be a Cowboys player in disguise? No, we haven't won yet. We still have to play the game.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Jon88;2525929 said:
You must be a Cowboys player in disguise? No, we haven't won yet. We still have to play the game.

i was taking into account them winning. 9-6-1. tampa would have to lose to the raiders.

dcjules

Reaction score
Atlantic City Press (Weekend at the Shore) was the newspaper.

I dont have a problem with the players or anyone enjoying themselves, I am there all the time myself, great place. Very Hot women all the time....

I just thought it was ironic in that if Owens or any DC player did that it would be reported in a much different light.....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Eh it's only news if Dallas does it. When we win tomorrow you can bet there won't be a single word said about those two being out and partying during the week of this game.

Now had it been Newman and Henry then this would have been front page news in Dallas, in Philly, in New York, and it would have been all over ESPN about how Dallas wasn't focusing enough.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
dcjules;2525665 said:

it is funny b/c Romo (but for some reason not Witten) still gets crap for going to Mexico on a week off.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GoinForSix;2525757 said:

Glad you clarified, because there was an article on ESPN.com as well as several blog entries about it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LIONS PLAN TO PARTY, WIN OR LOSE?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2008, 5:56 p.m.

With history certain to be made on Sunday, either if the Lions lose at Green Bay and fall to 0-16 or if the Packers stumble at Lambeau and spark riot conditions in Wisconsin, the Lions are viewing Sunday’s game as their own personal Super Bowl.

And Detroit cornerback Travis Fisher has made an unusual promise that hinges on the latter outcome.

“If we win, I ain’t catching the plane back home,” Fisher said, per the Associated Press. “I’ll walk back to Detroit.” (He reportedly was laughing. Which is far better than the alternative of crying.)

But if Fisher walks from Green Bay to Detroit, he’d miss out on the party that apparently has been scheduled, win or lose, by some members of the team.

A Facebook posting touts the event: “On Sunday, December 28th, all of the Detroit Lions will converge on Downtown Detroit’s very own, Esko Lounge to celebrate an end to their season. This will be an upscale event and will be hosted by starting safety, Dwight Smith, and Gosder Cherilus, a 2008 1st Round draft pick.”

The posting lists some of the players who’ll be present. “Confirmed Lions in attendance include: Calvin Johnson,Chris Roberson, Daunte Culpepper, Rudi Johnson, Ernie Sims, and Kevin Smith, just to name a few. In addition, players from other NFL teams, the Detroit Pistons, and Tigers have also been invited.”

The Facebook posting also includes an image of the official flyer, which touts the event as “The Grand Finale.”

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
You aren't comparing Pac Man with those eagle guys are you? Obviously he brings a lot of attention to the Cowboys because murder, and people getting crippled seem to follow him around. Some of the cowboy players bring the negative press on themselves, and Jerry knew that before he brought them here. We had some bad dudes on our championship teams, but they didn't seek attention like some of these new guys we have do..

And we have an owner that believes that only bad press is no press.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2526261 said:
Glad you clarified, because there was an article on ESPN.com as well as several blog entries about it.

Was it even featured on sportscenter or NFL live?

They spent three consecutive weeks stretching the Witten/Owens story out like turkey meat. Brady Quinn gets into a fist fight with a teammate in the weight room didn't even make it to airtime.

Had any two members of our team gotten into a fight, well, no need to even exacerbate that double standard.

Drama in Dallas. Turmoil in Texas. Raucous at the Ranch. They were running out of catchy alliteration to lead off every night of sportscenter during the weeks of Werder-gate.