Assuming Bledsoe plays on Monday...

EndGame

Reaction score
He'd better be flawless. This Romo For President talk is getting louder, not softer. :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
EndGame said:
He'd better be flawless. This Romo For President talk is getting louder, not softer. :laugh2:

If he gets the protection Romo got - there will be no problems.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
EndGame said:

It is only getting louder where it does not matter. Fans and the media can say what they want but Bill is going to do things as he sees fit no matter how loud some may get. I recall some loud noise about Henson yet Bill stuck to his guns. When or if the day comes that BP feels Romo gives us the best shot at winning that will be the day Romo becomes a starter until then he is the backup QB with no reg season experiance. I don't see Dallas going in that direction for this year.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
superpunk said:

Excuse me, Gertrude, but Romo was untouched because he gets rid of the ball faster than future HOF QB Drew Bledose AND because he can scramble - unlike future HOF QB Drew Bledsoe.

Romo is also more accurate and throws a more "catchable " ball than future HOF QB Drew Bledsoe.

Hence: Romo starts, Bledsoe sits.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:
Excuse me, Gertrude, but Romo was untouched because he gets rid of the ball faster than future HOF QB Drew Bledose AND because he can scramble - unlike future HOF QB Drew Bledsoe.

Romo is also more accurate and throws a more "catchable " ball than future HOF QB Drew Bledsoe.

When you start coaching the team then that is the way it will be until then excuse me if I wait on Parcells to make the call of who the starting QB will be. Romo played 1 pre-season game and did well to think that now he is going to take over the team is more than just silly it is down right stupid. No way is BP going to risk this season playing a guy that has no real game experiance. We did not make these off-season moves just to flush the season down the toilet.

superpunk

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:

Learn about pass protection. It was great in that game. If Bledsoe gets that, right now, he is twice the QB Romo is. So, take your "catchable balls" back to the land of undefinable stats. They're great tools for morons, but don't work that well for those of us who CAN tie our own shoes.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
You know I'm torn because its hard to forget the first series but yet after that he looked more like the real deal but then again we all know that Seattle wasn't throwning all those blitzes, schemes, etc at them that they do when it counts. He does in all honesty have some things Bledsoe doesn't but I also believe that Bledsoe is like Aikman, give him time and he will kill you, but with our 0-line thats a whole nother discussion...bottom line he's got real potential..

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
superpunk said:
...pass protection. It was great in that game. If Bledsoe gets that, right now, he is twice the QB Romo is...

Sorry, superDrunk, if you call THAT pass protection, you certainly deserve your new nickname! Romo's great abilities gave the "illusion" of great pass protection, imho.

So, take your "catchable balls" back to the land of undefinable stats. They're great tools for morons, but don't work that well for those of us who CAN tie our own shoes.

1. Grow up!
2.Quit braggin about your biggest accomplishment, you're embarassing yourself!(tying your own shoes)

superpunk

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:
Sorry, superDrunk, if you call THAT pass protection, you certainly deserve your new nickname! Romo's great abilities gave the "illusion" of great pass protection, imho.

Unfortunately, you humble opinion is completely wrong and devoid of any knowledge of Oline play.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Unfortunately, you humble opinion is completely wrong and devoid of any knowledge of Oline play.

tossin the scraps to the troll, sp?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Some days I feel froggy. I dunno.

well when they stand up and scream SLAP ME HERE!!! what can you do?

for the record i'm one of the biggest proponants of us moving to a young qb. romo had a good game. i'm glad he did. i hate the forum posters who have to use that to go HA HA I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE AN IDIOT! esp since it's only 1 pre-season game.

the same type of game that these posters say is meaningless and you can't tell anything from them - he was able to tell 3 years of development was right. in 1 game. i guess i gotta walk away from my own trolls. :)

anyway - glad he had a good game, hope for more. but to already call to sit down drew?

again - what can you really tell from ONE MEANINGLESS game?

as much as i want us to move on we've not seen enough of romo to know if he's the "next"qb or just showing he can be a backup.

superpunk

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:
I'm moving on...wasting my time with a superDrunk

Good talk.

I'm glad you were able to restrain yourself from any infantile actions.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Except of course for the 3 or 4 sacks that he will take that Romo would have avoided and gotten positive yardage out of. Dude...that protection was not all that great.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:

You're joking, right? Romo threw for 200+ yds largely against Seattle's 2nd string and one touchdown. I'm not saying Romo won't be good enough to be backup but starting is not even on the radar screen unless Bledsoe gets hurt. If not, he would throw a lot more ints.

Romo hasn't seen NFL caliber defenses. I'll wager he would take a lot more sacks than Bledsoe in a real game situation with the more complicated vs. vanilla defensive schemes that teams would throw at him.

Nav22

Reaction score
Except of course for the 3 or 4 sacks that he will take that Romo would have avoided and gotten positive yardage out of.
You're sure they'd have been sacks? Or is it possible that Bledsoe would pat the ball a few times and wait until the VERY last second before delivering a perfect 20+ yard pass to a WR or TE, right before getting drilled by a D-Lineman? Because I certainly remember that happening a thousand times last year.

Romo was forced to scrambled a few times and ran for decent yardage... but it's possible that, had it been Bledsoe, he'd have stayed in the pocket and delivered the ball downfield to a receiver who got open at the very last second.

Or maybe Bledsoe would see a quicker read and, being the accurate passer that he is, deliver the ball quickly before the protection broke down.

Can't wait till the Saints game. If Bledsoe starts and gets decent protection, he'll do well and shut up all this "start Romo!" crap. Especially if T.O. plays... of course, this would give the "Romo for president!" people a built in excuse, that it's unfair that Drew had T.O. to work with in his preseason start.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Also, don't forget, Bledsoe may just want to throw it further than the dink and dunk passes Romo was so fond of last Saturday. Actually make some NFL type throws.

The lack of respect for Bledsoe by some on this board reveals just how little those people understand about playing QB in the NFL. The guy is a borderline HOFer, with 2 AFc championship game wins and top 5 all-time passing statistics and he's coming off a year last year where he was 2nd in Cowboy history in passing yards for a season.

Yet some people want Tomy Romo to start based on a good PRE-SEASON performance.

That is humorous.

Nav22

Reaction score
Also, don't forget, Bledsoe may just want to throw it further than the dink and dunk passes Romo was so fond of last Saturday. Actually make some NFL type throws.
Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute! What's wrong with the dink and dunk passes?! Those passes netted us a full 13 POINTS, thank you very much!

So long Bledsoe, it was nice knowin' ya!

superpunk

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Except of course for the 3 or 4 sacks that he will take that Romo would have avoided and gotten positive yardage out of. Dude...that protection was not all that great.

It was real good. Much, much, MUCH better than what we saw at the end of last year. Bledsoe would have thrived with that kind of protection.