AT&T U-Verse

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I am moving to another apartment while I search for a house and the apartment complex forces you to use U-verse.

I am use to Time Warner Cable. Although they used DHCP, your IP Address rarely changed.

Is this the case for U-Verse or do you literally get a new IP Address every few days or so?

Also, for those familiar with U-Verse and Time Warner Cable, which do you think is better.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AT&T U-verse is much better than TWC. I've been extremely pleased with U-verse and would strongly recommend it. I can't speak to the IP address issue though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My mom has u-verse and I have no complaints with her service. Well, a minor one, but that's on me not her. I always forget her TV channels, cuz I have DIRECTV.

I have AT&T internet and so it's pretty much the same when I go to her place and use her wireless.

No idea on the IP issue either.

Edit: I take that back. I believe if you go into AT&T gateway system, you can change your IP addy settiings.

Just going off memory, cuz I remember doing it when I changed the name my wireless network from their standard.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
my cousin says he suffers from lag while playing xbox 360 but other then that he says the internet is good to go. And the only way to get a new ip is to reset the modem or manually change it your self

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I just switch I have not payed attention if I get a static IP usually with big carriers if they are using DHCP it is a 30 day lease

I have better performance than I did I use to be Timewarner then it became comcast and got worse.

I dropped direct TV I get more channels for the same cost of my direct tv and my Internet was faster and my bundled packaged save me a few $$ a month

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
When I was in Dallas last year I had both U-Verse and TWC, and I think that U-Verse is much better all around.

TWC kinda jacked me around.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

I scheduled my service to be hooked up and I was pleased to find out that The NFL Network comes with Basic Cable.

Unfortunately, due to some natural disaster, I won't be able to get U-verse installed until 2 Weeks after I move in. That sucks.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2417555 said:
Thanks for the responses.

I scheduled my service to be hooked up and I was pleased to find out that The NFL Network comes with Basic Cable.

Unfortunately, due to some natural disaster, I won't be able to get U-verse installed until 2 Weeks after I move in. That sucks.

i got it recently. i love the internet service (my own computer needing an enema not withstanding) but the tv service is lacking. badly.

volume is usually low to where i have to crank my denon to get it to sound good. change a channel and you just scared the neighbors with a blast you yourself will have a hard time getting over.

the TV cuts in and out and "lags" because it's over the same internet channel. pushing the buttons to change channels can be hit/miss on how fast it decides to do it leaving you wondering if it didn't get the signal and you push again and suddenly it catches up.

no it doesn't happen all the time but w/direct tv it never happened w/o a major storm coming through.

so far i'll give u-verse a B.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg;2417608 said:
i got it recently. i love the internet service (my own computer needing an enema not withstanding) but the tv service is lacking. badly.

volume is usually low to where i have to crank my denon to get it to sound good. change a channel and you just scared the neighbors with a blast you yourself will have a hard time getting over.

the TV cuts in and out and "lags" because it's over the same internet channel. pushing the buttons to change channels can be hit/miss on how fast it decides to do it leaving you wondering if it didn't get the signal and you push again and suddenly it catches up.

no it doesn't happen all the time but w/direct tv it never happened w/o a major storm coming through.

so far i'll give u-verse a B.
I encountered these problems when I first signed up for U-verse a couple years ago. But they've updated quite a bit and I can't say I remember the last time anything like the above happened.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
I ordered and no technician showed up to install it.I canceled the order and those idiots shut down my DSL line.
I kept my Directv and switched to Road Runner for my internet.
AT&T has the worst costumer service ever.
It's like no one knows what they are doing.