At Least One Person Agrees with Kanye

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2967400 said:
The choreography is one long dance, doesn't mean there weren't multiple cameras.

Whether you like it or not is obviously up to you, I think it's a great video especially considering she's not a professional dancer and the videos she had to compete with. The video started a global sensation.

so did the macarena and the electric slide

Temo

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2967437 said:
Like it or not, it still isn't anything special. It's not original, it's not creative or clever, it's just a dance, that's it. Even if it's only one take, that doesn't make it any better. If it started a global sensation (of what I have no idea) then that just makes it worse, since most global sensations are embarrassing to humanity.

I disagree. It's unlike any of the other prominent musical videos made and she took great risks with it. It changed what's generally thought of as the status quo for music videos.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Temo;2968417 said:
I disagree. It's unlike any of the other prominent musical videos made and she took great risks with it. It changed what's generally thought of as the status quo for music videos.

You are really stretching it there. Women dancing in front of a camera is not groundbreaking for a music video.

Groundbreaking music videos were stuff like Michael Jackson's Thriller and Metallica's One. Her video was NOT groundbreaking.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Temo;2968417 said:

yeah, but let's not act like she invented a new way of making music videos