at least UT is back in the top ten!

Roughneck

Reaction score
Dude, I went to the game Saturday and can honestly say we don't deserve to be. We have absolutely no passing game and the Defense still hasn't learned to wrap up on their tackles. I expect Tech to beat us by about 21-28 points this Saturday.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Dude, I went to the game Saturday and can honestly say we don't deserve to be. We have absolutely no passing game and the Defense still hasn't learned to wrap up on their tackles. I expect Tech to beat us by about 21-28 points this Saturday.

Just Tech? Wait until you play A&M. I see both those games as loss's for the Horns. I know its going to be a fight in CS when the Sooners come to town. The Aggies will want revenge for that last meeting. Its all in good hands tho. Stoops is the master.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Just Tech? Wait until you play A&M. I see both those games as loss's for the Horns. I know its going to be a fight in CS when the Sooners come to town. The Aggies will want revenge for that last meeting. Its all in good hands tho. Stoops is the master.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Last time you traveled down to Collie Station you lost to a Texas A&M team that was much worse than what you'll be going up against in a few weeks.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Last time you traveled down to Collie Station you lost to a Texas A&M team that was much worse than what you'll be going up against in a few weeks.

We could do this all day. Im just saying I see you losing to A&M. Nothing wrong with that. We have handled balanced teams in the past just fine. I dont think A&M will sneak up on OU again.

The Horns on the other hand. Say A&M stops the run. Then what do you do? Its not like you have a Heisman QB at the helm.

Thoughts?

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
OU will have a fight w/ A & M, and so will we....but UT should beat the aggies AND tech.

passing game or not.

and btw, i thought our defense played their butt off on saturday.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Dallas said:
We could do this all day. Im just saying I see you losing to A&M. Nothing wrong with that. We have handled balanced teams in the past just fine. I dont think A&M will sneak up on OU again.

The Horns on the other hand. Say A&M stops the run. Then what do you do? Its not like you have a Heisman QB at the helm.

Thoughts?
After seeing both teams play this weekend, I could go either way on T+1. I give Texas a plus on the "playing at home" factor, I give A&M a plus on the "Offensive Coordinator not having his head stuck up his ***" factor. I'll have to see these squads a couple of more times before I make a prediction.

As for OU/A&M game, OU has always had problems with A&M in Collie Station. If it wasn't for an errant interception or RC being able to call a play that would have put the ball in the endzone sometime between 1st & Goal and 4th & Goal, OU wouldn't have gone undefeated in 2000. I'm just saying to be cautious of Kyle Field. It has stuck you down before and it can do it again.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
That is, until A&M comes down to Austin and beats them ;) That is looking like more of a possibility every day.

jamez25

Reaction score
Dallas said:
like he was the master against KSU and LSU last year ?

Roughneck

Reaction score
jamez25 said:
like he was the master against KSU and LSU last year ?
Jamez-You know you're my Hornfans bro and all but I'm begging you not to pull on that thread.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I think the Aggies can definitely win in Austin. Texas A&M is a much better team this season, and the defense is playing well. The Longhorns have absolutely no passing game with Vince Young at QB. The guy does not look comfortable setting his feet and passing.

The A&M/OU game will be a big one. An emotional game at that. Not sure the Aggies will win against a very balanced Sooner team, but I know anything can happen at Kyle Field in College Station. Going to be a huge game for both squads. GIG EM' AGGIES!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
This is kinda OT...

But my stupid Sooner fan friend got all mad and called me an idiot when I told him Marlin Jackson and Antre Rolle were both better than antonio perkins.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
RW31 said:
This is kinda OT...

But my stupid Sooner fan friend got all mad and called me an idiot when I told him Marlin Jackson and Antre Rolle were both better than antonio perkins.
..who is Antre Rolle?...Listen I love the Aggies,the Horns,the Sooners...hell I like UTEP...I've only been to Texas once...was there for the Cotton Bowl...Canes vs UT...Randell the thrill Hill is still running into that tunnel...what I like most...those kick-*** bands...when UT plays the eyes of Texas....when A&M plays the Aggie war hymn...very cool...loved the Sooners in the early/mid 80's...when they came into the OB to play Vinny and the Canes...was the loudest I've ever heard that dump sound...