at only 11 years old, he made a difference

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
silverbear;2444338 said:
I think the reporter was right, the lad was an old soul... I was struck with his maturity, even in the way he spoke...

Naturally, I was also struck with the kindness of his heart... this world would have been a better place if he had been able to stay in it longer, but it's a better place that he was here for even that short a time...

Lots of people will remember him for a very long time, which is a kind of immortality, and I figure he richly deserves it... so rest in peace, lad, I'm quite sure God welcomed you warmly...

the way he would stop and think about his answers before replying also hit me as mature way beyond his age.

hopefully maybe we can all discover some of the same qualities in ourselves on a day to day basis.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2443360 said:
I have a new hero.

I look at so many people and the power they have to do good and they don't do it and it infuriates me. And I start to think that humanity has lost something.

Then I see something like this and I realize humanity didn't lose anything, just that people like this are not hailed as they should be.

What an inspiration.

Ice, thanks for posting this.

makes CC Sabathia haggling for a 140 million dollar contract pretty trivial and stupid

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
silverbear;2444338 said:
I think the reporter was right, the lad was an old soul... I was struck with his maturity, even in the way he spoke...

Naturally, I was also struck with the kindness of his heart... this world would have been a better place if he had been able to stay in it longer, but it's a better place that he was here for even that short a time...

Lots of people will remember him for a very long time, which is a kind of immortality, and I figure he richly deserves it... so rest in peace, lad, I'm quite sure God welcomed you warmly...

I saw this story on the local news the other night and was struck by the public's response. What a terrific role model. He accepted his fate with such grace and compassion for others. An incredibly moving story.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;2445344 said:
I saw this story on the local news the other night and was struck by the public's response. What a terrific role model. He accepted his fate with such grace and compassion for others. An incredibly moving story.

it takes an extreme to sometimes see the day to day.

it can take a lifetime to make what he saw happen.

will we forget in a week, or will we carry on?

choices.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
iceberg;2443189 said:
i'll admit, i can "tear up" pretty easily. maybe it's the emotional artist in me trying to get past the logical side and my brain is forever in battle with itself.

but you simply can't sit there and listen to the situation and the strength of an 11 year old and *not* have it affect you. the kid was simply amazing.

Ya me too, and with the loss of a daughter 9 years ago it really affects me. She touched my family's heart, this kid touched everyone's heart, what an inspiration. I teared up from the beginning.

But just like Ashley, he's in a better place now, no more pain and suffering, they can look down on us and smile, at the legacies they left behind.