At this point - all in

cowboybish

Reaction score
Just do it. Trade Lamb and Parsons and get all the picks you can and start over. What could we get for them this year? Thoughts?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think all in means they are making everyone in a contract year fight for it. The cowboys aren’t all in, it’s the coaching staff and Dak jerry is putting all in to sink or swim.

Personally I hate the idea, either embrace these guys or move on but that’s exactly what seems to be happening.

shabazz

Reaction score
Keep Lamb.....he's got heart

They can have the faux LT, though

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I dont think deals, as would need to be the case in regards to Parsons' acceptable and considered good trade return, exists in the NFL anymore.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yes, let’s start over so we can draft well all over again and build a pretty good team and be right where we are now and refuse again not to spend money or be aggressive in trades.

It’s a philosophy shift that needs to be rebuilt and that begins with Jerry and Stephen

Havic

Reaction score
Not improving in the playoffs till QB1 is off this team. I'd be down to trade Micah + Lamb, trade / cut Dak and start over. Ideally, Chicago takes both players and our 1st so we can get Caleb.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Why not? What would you consider acceptable?
Im lazy, Im not looking up the Walker trade and what the compensation was...or the Ricky Williams deal...

It just doesnt seem like the NFL makes deals like in the NBA. Maybe before but not now.

Maybe Mahommes would fetch 5 FRP's...but I doubt it these days. If you were a young team loaded with talent on rookie deals for the next 3 years...maybe...but thats not likely possible.

Im gonna say 4 FRP's is minimum...and you might even consider the likely picking places to kill that deal. I truly belief he is super elite at rushing the passer, requiring 2 or 3 men to help contain from opposing team.

What are your reasonable return requirements on Parsons?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Im lazy, Im not looking up the Walker trade and what the compensation was...or the Ricky Williams deal...

It just doesnt seem like the NFL makes deals like in the NBA. Maybe before but not now.

Maybe Mahommes would fetch 5 FRP's...but I doubt it these days. If you were a young team loaded with talent on rookie deals for the next 3 years...maybe...but thats not likely possible.

Im gonna say 4 FRP's is minimum...and you might even consider the likely picking places to kill that deal. I truly belief he is super elite at rushing the passer, requiring 2 or 3 men to help contain from opposing team.

What are your reasonable return requirements on Parsons?
For me if a team picking in the top 10 offered me two 1sts and two 2nds I would have to consider it. Had someone offered that up to me a week ago I probably take it, now that free agent deals are already happening maybe not. I think part of the appeal of moving a Parsons or Lamb would be the ability to free up your cap flexibility too. Not only do you have 4 additional cheap rookie deals you just acquired to help with the cap, but now that $30-$35M per year your about to give Parsons you free up to spend on 2-3 players. In theory (its easy to play this game after the fact) but they could sign Derrick Henry, Frankie Luvu, and Grover Stewart for the same AAV they'll pay Parsons next year and have the four draft picks.

Tyreek hill got traded for 5 picks including a 1st and 2nd. Jalen Ramsey went for two 1sts a few years ago. Russell Wilson got Seattle 3 players and 5 picks (2 1st rounders) so I wouldn't say its impossible to get those mega deals still. Maybe not 4 1st rounders, but I would think you could get somewhere close to that.