Atlanta Draft Party?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anybody is interested in meeting up. If we can get a handful of people to go, I'll join. Furthermore, if we get enough interest I'll see if I can find a bar for a Cowboys viewing party this fall.

My recommended bars to watch the draft:

Hooters (best Hooter's I've ever been to, Outdoor Patio)
2977 Cobb Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339

Jocks N Jills (Jets bar)
1 Galleria Pkwy Se Atlanta, GA 30339

Frankie's (Patriots bar, Outdoor Patio)
5600 Roswell Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30342

Digger's
8590 Roswell Rd Atlanta, GA 30350

Barnacle's (Cowboys bar)
6365 P'tree Ind. Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30360

NY Pizza Exchange (Good food, Outdoor Patio)
2810 Paces Ferry Rd SE
Atlanta, GA 30339

Loco's Deli & Pub (great food, outdoor patio)
3167 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA

Famous Pub & Sports Palace
2947 N Druid Hills Rd NE, Atlanta, GA

Stool Pigeons
933 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, 30309

Rich.............

AtlCB

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Just curious to see if anybody is interested in meeting up. If we can get a handful of people to go, I'll join. Furthermore, if we get enough interest I'll see if I can find a bar for a Cowboys viewing party this fall.

My recommended bars to watch the draft:

Hooters (best Hooter's I've ever been to, Outdoor Patio)
2977 Cobb Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339

Jocks N Jills (Jets bar)
1 Galleria Pkwy Se Atlanta, GA 30339

Frankie's (Patriots bar, Outdoor Patio)
5600 Roswell Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30342

Digger's
8590 Roswell Rd Atlanta, GA 30350

Barnacle's (Cowboys bar)
6365 P'tree Ind. Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30360

NY Pizza Exchange (Good food, Outdoor Patio)
2810 Paces Ferry Rd SE
Atlanta, GA 30339

Loco's Deli & Pub (great food, outdoor patio)
3167 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA

Famous Pub & Sports Palace
2947 N Druid Hills Rd NE, Atlanta, GA

Stool Pigeons
933 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, 30309

Rich.............
Let me know if you get interest from any other posters. I wouldn't mind attending.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
AtlCB said:
Let me know if you get interest from any other posters. I wouldn't mind attending.

I'll have to get some type of confirmation on about 7 people by Friday at noon, then we can decide where we can go to watch.

If nothing happens, I'll probably be at the Jocks N Jills at Galleria. It's close to home and more importantly, it's a Jets bar. So if the Jets screw up that pick at #4, we'll get to see COMEDY GOLD.

Rich.....

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
I stayed over in Atlanta last Monday. (Unplanned. Delta Sucks.) So I got to go downtown on the Metro with the wife. Had a guy with HIV ask me to buy him a burger and tried to get me to follow him into this poorly light alcove. I also saw the Olympic park which was pretty nice.

Streets don't seem tooo safe at night around the underground. (And I live in the DC area, haha)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Funxva said:
Streets don't seem tooo safe at night around the underground. (And I live in the DC area, haha)

Sadly, the city is trying to force out all of the bars and a lot of restaurants in the nice parts of the city (Buckhead, Va. Highlands, Midtown). Thus, allowing for the only bars to be in the Underground area (the city owns Underground Atlanta).

Unfortunately I believe what's going to happen is that Underground will never thrive because it's too unsafe. Even if they do make it safer, the stigma is too great for that. And in the end they'll kill a lot of their tourism and people will just be content on going to bars and restaurants outside of the city.

Rich.......

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I would like to join you guys, however, guess I will watch it from the Hooters in Selma Tx........

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Sadly, the city is trying to force out all of the bars and a lot of restaurants in the nice parts of the city (Buckhead, Va. Highlands, Midtown). Thus, allowing for the only bars to be in the Underground area (the city owns Underground Atlanta).

Unfortunately I believe what's going to happen is that Underground will never thrive because it's too unsafe. Even if they do make it safer, the stigma is too great for that. And in the end they'll kill a lot of their tourism and people will just be content on going to bars and restaurants outside of the city.

Rich.......

That's a shame, because I really did like the Olympic park. Just getting to it and all the areas around it weren't so nice. MARTA is pretty cool. TV on the metro is a nice thing, as we dont' have that on the DC metro. It's much cleaner too.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If ya go to a party in Atlanta ...... stay away from Ron Mexico!!!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I am not sure because it was quite a few years ago but the Hooters I went to, I think it was on Peachtree was quite entertaining. I think the waitresses were strippers by night and waitresses by day; needless to say we had a great time. I think we might have been there for 5-6 hours, lol.