Atlanta

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
soo, I went to Atlanta this weekend. It was fun.

We went to Midtown, ate at the Flying Biscuit (after waiting almost 1 hour), it was a lot of organic, no pork. Recommend the chicken sausage, turkey bacon, oatmeal pancake, and grits. The wheat french toast was not good (to me). My sister did not eat hers either. Should have taken it and given it to the ducks/goose in the pond nearby at Piedmont Park.

We took so long to get to lunch then eat lunch we missed the Farmer's market at Piedmont Park. It was such a nice day, we took a blanket and hung out there. Was a good citizen and found someone's phone and found the owner. Lots of dogs...off leash! I love this park, and I know Jeb, my boston would too.

Atlanta drivers are just as bad as Nashville drivers, we almost got into car accidents a couple of times.

So...we will probably be going again in the future cuz we liked it a lot. Anyone have any recommendations for must eats or must do's (that's not too touristy)?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
You should definitely check out the Clermont Lounge. It's a surreal experience to say the least!

Technically, yes, it's a strip club. But throw out any preconceived ideas you may have about what that means. It's more like performance art, where the "entertainers" are either over 40 (years old) or over 200 (pounds). It's a crazy place with an atmosphere unlike any club (strip or otherwise) that I've ever been to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont_Lounge

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White;2358453 said:
You should definitely check out the Clermont Lounge. It's a surreal experience to say the least!

Technically, yes, it's a strip club. But throw out any preconceived ideas you may have about what that means. It's more like performance art, where the "entertainers" are either over 40 (years old) or over 200 (pounds). It's a crazy place with an atmosphere unlike any club (strip or otherwise) that I've ever been to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont_Lounge

perv ;)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Can we all embed video now? Or is that just something the Mods can do?

If it's available to all, how's it work?

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
VietCowboy;2357693 said:

We went to Midtown, ate at the Flying Biscuit (after waiting almost 1 hour), it was a lot of organic, no pork. Recommend the chicken sausage, turkey bacon, oatmeal pancake, and grits. The wheat french toast was not good (to me). My sister did not eat hers either. Should have taken it and given it to the ducks/goose in the pond nearby at Piedmont Park.

We took so long to get to lunch then eat lunch we missed the Farmer's market at Piedmont Park. It was such a nice day, we took a blanket and hung out there. Was a good citizen and found someone's phone and found the owner. Lots of dogs...off leash! I love this park, and I know Jeb, my boston would too.

Atlanta drivers are just as bad as Nashville drivers, we almost got into car accidents a couple of times.

So...we will probably be going again in the future cuz we liked it a lot. Anyone have any recommendations for must eats or must do's (that's not too touristy)?

I went to my grandma's house. It was fun. We ate food. She was nice. We played games. I watched cartoons. It was fun.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
VietCowboy;2357693 said:

We used to hang out at a place called The Pour House. Pretty cool bar...

There used to be a soul food place downtown that was so good you'd slap Yeager's mother... I think it had to relocate when they built Olympic Park but you may want to ask around. It was really good...

There is also a good Mexican food place called US Bar & Grill....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue;2360253 said:
We used to hang out at a place called The Pour House. Pretty cool bar...

There used to be a soul food place downtown that was so good you'd slap Yeager's mother... I think it had to relocate when they built Olympic Park but you may want to ask around. It was really good...

There is also a good Mexican food place called US Bar & Grill....

She'd say go ahead I dare ya :laugh2: