Attacking Weaknesses

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Detroit game and how they didn't throw at Byron Jones one time.

They went after Awuzie quite a bit and had some success, mostly due to perfect passes and nice catches, but most of their big plays came going after our safeties, Lewis and Brown.

The Cowboys on the other hand, kept challenging the Lions best corner back, Darius Slay. Austin probably should of caught the one long TD but other then that he played really well and made life tough on their receivers.

Go back to week one, the Panthers have a rookie CB making his NFL debut and they didn't take one deep shot at him. How do you go into a game with out planning to challenge a rookie making his first start in the NFL?

Jerry wants to say our offense is like the Rams, yet you see them getting LBs trying to cover WRs 30 yards down field. I highly doubt McVay or any decent offensive coach would go into games trying to make a living attacking opposing teams best players.

Personally I think it goes back to this coaching staff's general mentality that they are going to out execute teams and rely on that executing winning games. However, the NFL has changed since the 90s and the most successful offensive teams, NE, NO, STL etc know how to design plays to give their players the best possible chance to win on given plays. Until Dallas figures this out, the offense is going to struggle vs good defenses.

foofighters

Reaction score
Actually this has been an issue for awhile. In the Seahawks bobbled snap game they had a DB that was working at Subway a few games prior. I don't believe we went after him much that game.