Attention Drew Bledsoe, study coverages, learn to look for 2nd-3rd receivers

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Drew Bledsoe;
First, I like some of the things you did last year. Yet, pay attention. Eli Manning went into camp last month, an hour and half to 2 hours a day studying film, seeing where he went wrong, interceptions, etc.

To me Drew, you have a habit of looking at your primary WR all the way, not looking at 2nd and 3rd WR's. Maybe you need to study film a little more, now that TO is coming into town, and got a little more pass protection by way of OG Kosier and OT Fabini. Yet, I still think you need to look at film, see what guys were open when you threw into coverage. So you can work on those things in offseason to get better. Sometimes, granted you have to wing it, throw it into coverage depending on your WR to get the ball. However if another WR is open, look for him, please.

Good luck this year!!!!!!!!!!! And tear those cotton picking stinking Commanders up.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Drew Bledsoe;
First, I like some of the things you did last year. Yet, pay attention. Eli Manning went into camp last month, an hour and half to 2 hours a day studying film, seeing where he went wrong, interceptions, etc.

To me Drew, you have a habit of looking at your primary WR all the way, not looking at 2nd and 3rd WR's. Maybe you need to study film a little more, now that TO is coming into town, and got a little more pass protection by way of OG Kosier and OT Fabini. Yet, I still think you need to look at film, see what guys were open when you threw into coverage. So you can work on those things in offseason to get better. Sometimes, granted you have to wing it, throw it into coverage depending on your WR to get the ball. However if another WR is open, look for him, please.

Good luck this year!!!!!!!!!!! And tear those cotton picking stinking Commanders up.

Good points. I'll bet he never thought of that in the 10+ years he's been chuckin' the pigskin in the NFL. He may read that and send you a prize...free tickets or something.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
With TO on the team now is not the time to forget your primary WR:)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
With TO on the team now is not the time to forget your primary WR:)

Bingo, if we can get an O-Line to block for more than 2 seconds, TO will get open and Bledsoe will have a career year.

Hell, he had the best year for a Cowboy QB in a decade last year, and he was on his back half the time

ghst187

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Drew Bledsoe >>> Eli Manning

End of story, thread over

yeah no kidding, DB has forgotten more than Eli has ever known about playing the QB position and I seriously doubt he needs us to tell what he needs to do or motivate him to get better.

In fact, if i were ranking starting NFL QBs, I'd think DB would be in the top 6.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
yeah no kidding, DB has forgotten more than Eli has ever known about playing the QB position and I seriously doubt he needs us to tell what he needs to do or motivate him to get better.

In fact, if i were ranking starting NFL QBs, I'd think DB would be in the top 6.

There are several better PLAYERS at the QB position, like McNabb, Culepper, etc.

However, as far as pure passing QBs go, only Manning, Trent Green, Matt Hasslebeck, and Tom Brady are better IMO

ghst187

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
There are several better PLAYERS at the QB position, like McNabb, Culepper, etc.

However, as far as pure passing QBs go, only Manning, Trent Green, Matt Hasslebeck, and Tom Brady are better IMO

you can have McNabb and Culpepper on your team, i'd take DB over those guys every day of the week.

regarding the second thought, that's why I said top 6. You should add C Palmer too. I certainly don't think that Roth is a better QB though, and he won a SB!

kartr

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
you can have McNabb and Culpepper on your team, i'd take DB over those guys every day of the week.

regarding the second thought, that's why I said top 6. You should add C Palmer too. I certainly don't think that Roth is a better QB though, and he won a SB!

You think Deadslow is better than McNabb and Culpepper? You need help. Both of those qb's have had to play without a 'real RB' their entire careers and they make fewer mistakes too. It's a rarity that they make the kind of mistakes that Bledsoe virtually every game. At the end of 2006, TO will probably beg the Eagles to take him back so that he can get away from Bledsoe.
:lmao2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
kartr said:
You think Deadslow is better than McNabb and Culpepper? You need help. Both of those qb's have had to play without a 'real RB' their entire careers and they make fewer mistakes too. It's a rarity that they make the kind of mistakes that Bledsoe virtually every game. At the end of 2006, TO will probably beg the Eagles to take him back so that he can get away from Bledsoe.
:lmao2:

Did you watch Culpepper last year? He is NOTHING without Randy Moss, NOTHING. He is a bette rplayer because he is athletic and can run, but no way is he a better QB than Bledsoe.

McChunky is simply overrated. Bledsoe has a better arm. I would take McNabb because he is younger and can scramble, but he is not the pocket passer Bledsoe is. He is better on the run.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Did you watch Culpepper last year? He is NOTHING without Randy Moss, NOTHING. He is a bette rplayer because he is athletic and can run, but no way is he a better QB than Bledsoe.

McChunky is simply overrated. Bledsoe has a better arm. I would take McNabb because he is younger and can scramble, but he is not the pocket passer Bledsoe is. He is better on the run.

:hammer:

OOTF

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Trent Green and Matt Haseelbeck? Don't think so. Both do not do well in big games, and neither has Drew's consistency. I would rate DB in top three with Payton and Brady

Palmer is not there yer- in a year or two, he may be

Justis

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
don't be so sure about McNabb. I think his scrambling days are over. "Athletic" QBs have a relativly short shelf life, and I'd say the tread is wearing pretty thin on Big Mac. Bledsoe on the other hand is much more durable, and has much less often been open to the big hits McNabb has endured. It's a legitimate possibility that Bledsoe's still around when McNabb goes.

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
It kind of amazes me DB is getting knocked for Picking his primary WR and never changing, when coming into this year the knock on him has always been that he holds the ball too long looking for a WR and trying to make teh big play.

My knock on Bledsoe this last year is that he did not give up in time on too many plays. This was not his fault bu tht fault of his O-line and an inability of his Wr's to get open.

I will take DB versus McScabb or Culpopper without aquestion. Brady he is not but which available QB would you rather have?

PS. if liquid fills the glass to the half way point it is just as full as it is empty!

OOTF

Reaction score
cowboygolfer said:
It kind of amazes me DB is getting knocked for Picking his primary WR and never changing, when coming into this year the knock on him has always been that he holds the ball too long looking for a WR and trying to make teh big play.

My knock on Bledsoe this last year is that he did not give up in time on too many plays. This was not his fault bu tht fault of his O-line and an inability of his Wr's to get open.

I will take DB versus McScabb or Culpopper without aquestion. Brady he is not but which available QB would you rather have?

PS. if liquid fills the glass to the half way point it is just as full as it is empty!

Nobody who understands football has ever faulted Drew for lloking only at his primary receiver. I do not know the gentelman (schoolboy?) who started the thread, but he may want to review hsi football fundamentals

Cowchips

Reaction score
ghst187 said:

Actually, McBaby and Bledsoe have very similar lifetime stats. The key difference is that Drew doesnt get hurt and he is a leader. TO will find out he can't mess with Drew's head the way he did with McBaby's.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Drew Bledsoe;

:lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1:

If anything Eli Manning needs to watch Drew Bledsoe to learn how its done. Bledsoe knows how to utilize his offense arsenal....T Glenn had 1000 yards and Keyshawn and Witten came close to that number as well.

If there is one thing I would love to see Drew improve on it's his 'statuesque' play in the pocket, could you imagine how much more dangerous Drew could be if he improved his footwork even marginally? He would be a threat to run naked bootlegs and QB draws with deadly precision. :cool:

jman

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Drew Bledsoe;

Drew just called and said he never thought of that before. If he had, "heck", he said, he would have more passing yards than Vinny by now.