ATTN: Hostile

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Have you ever visited the airplane graveyard?

If so, were you with Cindy Mancini?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2104485 said:
Have you ever visited the airplane graveyard?

If so, were you with Cindy Mancini?
I work exactly south of it and drive past it every day to work. If you want to see the size of the Graveyard go to Google Earth and put in 32 degrees, 10 minutes, 36 seconds North and 101 degrees, 50 minutes, 30 seconds West.

That is the NE Corner of it. It does go East across that main road a little bit just a bit further south. They say that it is the 4th largest Air Force in the world. Each plane in the main yard can be made flight ready in 48 hours and for the 1st Gulf War many of them did.

My job is at 32 degrees, 8 minutes, 28 seconds North and 110 degrees, 50 minutes, and 46 seconds West. If you zoom in and see the sidewalk area in the middle my former truck is the blue one that is 6 places to the left of that area.

If you follow the big road south of my work just a little bit to the West you'll see the Pima Air and Space Museum.

My oldest daughter goes to the High School they went to. I live about 3 miles from the Mall in the film where he is buying the telescope, she's trying to return the suit, and she powders his little brother's nose.

Her house is in the Northwest area of town and I have some friends that live about 4 blocks from it. The diner that they go to where he buys the jocks pizza and they eat it all is no longer here, but it was pretty good.

Oh, and unrelated to that movie, I live about 5 blocks from the Greasy Tony's Cheesesteaks place from the Movie Revenge of the Nerds.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;2104711 said:
Hey can I look at my home on google earth?
Yes, if the sattelite has made a good pass over your area which it probably has.

It's funny, in the picture of my work you can see my truck. If you go to where I live you can see it too. They obviously weren't taken at the same time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Did anybody put in the coordinates for the Graveyard? It really is impressive. You can't fathom how massive it is until you see for yourself.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2104732 said:
Yes, if the sattelite has made a good pass over your area which it probably has.

It's funny, in the picture of my work you can see my truck. If you go to where I live you can see it too. They obviously weren't taken at the same time.

Are you sure it's your truck at home? :grin2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile;2104526 said:
I work exactly south of it and drive past it every day to work. If you want to see the size of the Graveyard go to Google Earth and put in 32 degrees, 10 minutes, 36 seconds North and 101 degrees, 50 minutes, 30 seconds West.

110 degrees...

That's really an awe-inspiring site...

In Google Earth, someone has taken the time to identify many of the planes... really cool...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue;2104906 said:
110 degrees...

That's really an awe-inspiring site...

In Google Earth, someone has taken the time to identify many of the planes... really cool...
Did you scan all the way left and right as well as up and down?

It is huge.

I noticed the plane identities too. They do that at the Pima Air and Space Museum too.

We had an air show here in April. It was so cool to see B-17's coming in right outside my office window.