Audio: Brad Sham on GAC - 7/27/09

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Brad Sham is just awesome!

By dcfanatic,

After listening to Brad Sham talk about the Cowboys in this GAC podcast, and hearing him say things that I am also saying these days, I feel even more optimistic that this is going to be a great season…

Sham on GAC talking Cowboys

Why can’t this team be better than the Giants and Eagles?

I find this idea that people think the Giants and Eagles are so much better than the Cowboys absurd if not hilarious.

You are trying to tell me they have more overall talent than the Cowboys?
No way. I ain’t buying it at all. The Dallas Cowboys will be fighting for the NFC East title this season.

And the brilliance of Brad Sham.

“Sometimes when things are a question mark doesn’t always mean things are negative.”

Exactly! If they are 10 questions and 7 or 8 them get answered with a yes we can be in the Super Bowl. It’s that simple.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I know Sham will be seen as a mouthpiece for the team, but he's exactly right.

I love sports talk radio and always have, but I'm so digusted with the extreme negativity of the DFW media these days that I can barely listen to it. Mosley and Estridge just used the whole PC to pick out things to make fun of. I'm sure MacMahon and the TV stations will do the same thing (though the TV stations are a little more objective).

Of course it shouldn't all be positive, but come on, it shouldn't all be negative, either. You'd think we were the Lions or Raiders.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2857516 said:
I know Sham will be seen as a mouthpiece for the team, but he's exactly right.

I love sports talk radio and always have, but I'm so digusted with the extreme negativity of the DFW media these days that I can barely listen to it. Mosley and Estridge just used the whole PC to pick out things to make fun of. I'm sure MacMahon and the TV stations will do the same thing (though the TV stations are a little more objective).

Of course it shouldn't all be positive, but come on, it shouldn't all be negative, either. You'd think we were the Lions or Raiders.

I love the way he is thinking.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
hey buddy, i cant get the link to listen to brad sham to work

burmafrd

Reaction score
This is a better overall team then the one that dominated the NFC in 2007. So it mystifies me that so many think the TALENT is not there. I can and will question the coaching but NOT the TALENT.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well, lets look at what players were on the team in 2007 and not there now
T O, Akin Odoyle, Kevin Burnett, Chris Canty, Terry Glenn, Tony Curtis, Oliver Hoyte, Anthony Henry, Julius Jones, Tank Johnson, Tyson Thompson, Roy Williams;

Now, lets see whom we got to replace those players,
Igor Olansky, Keith Brooking, Roy Williams WR, Felix Jones-Tashard Choice, Gerald Sensabaugh,

so whats missing, to me, a good bruising fullback, Hoyte was real good till he hurt his arm, then he was done, Deion Anderson isnt doing the job
Miles Austin replacing Tyson Thompson is a plus
Felix and Choice out do Julius Jones
Bennett replaces Fasano easily, a plus;
Scandrick, Jenkins & Mickens out do Anthony Henry
Even Match Igor replacing Chris Canty
Sensabaugh outdoes Roy Williams safety

so the only true weakness we have lost from 2007 is Kevin Burnett in coverage at nickel linebacker, WR Roy Williams is not quiet as good as T O;
Deion Anderson doesnt pass block and run block as well as Hoyte

so its pretty even in other words,

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2857745 said:
well, lets look at what players were on the team in 2007 and not there now
T O, Akin Odoyle, Kevin Burnett, Chris Canty, Terry Glenn, Tony Curtis, Oliver Hoyte, Anthony Henry, Julius Jones, Tank Johnson, Tyson Thompson, Roy Williams;

Now, lets see whom we got to replace those players,
Igor Olansky, Keith Brooking, Roy Williams WR, Felix Jones-Tashard Choice, Gerald Sensabaugh,

so whats missing, to me, a good bruising fullback, Hoyte was real good till he hurt his arm, then he was done, Deion Anderson isnt doing the job
Miles Austin replacing Tyson Thompson is a plus
Felix and Choice out do Julius Jones
Bennett replaces Fasano easily, a plus;
Scandrick, Jenkins & Mickens out do Anthony Henry
Even Match Igor replacing Chris Canty
Sensabaugh outdoes Roy Williams safety

so the only true weakness we have lost from 2007 is Kevin Burnett in coverage at nickel linebacker, WR Roy Williams is not quiet as good as T O;
Deion Anderson doesnt pass block and run block as well as Hoyte

so its pretty even in other words,

Ya think? Not quite as good? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bluefin

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
WR Roy Williams is not quite as good as TO

Overall? I agree.

But we don't need Roy Williams to match Terrell Owens' career production.

He just has to replace what the '08 version of Owens, who was largely invisible and no longer worth the distractions that came along for the ride.

Williams is focused, in his prime and playing with a chip on his shoulder thanks to the DFW media.

Owens is thinking about what to do after the NFL and past his prime.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CactusCowboy;2857764 said:
Ya think? Not quite as good? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You need to change your avatar, remember? You gave up on the team and were moving on to greener pastures.

I think that was how you said it.

Arizona-Cardinals-Helmet.gif

never forget