Audio: Broaddus on Gamenight with Ben and Skin

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Broaddus talks Super Bowl/Cowboys on Gamenight

By dcfanatic,

Bryan Broaddus stops by Gamenight with Ben and Skin to talk about the big game on Sunday and the future of the Cowboys...

Broaddus on Gamenight

I think Peyton Manning is going to will the Colts to win this game. He's a machine and his defense will do enough to get him another Lombardi trophy.

Jerry has rewarded his big time players with big money deals in the last few seasons. But were those guys paid too early based on one good season?

Ken Hamlin. Roy Williams. Marion Barber.

All of these guys are playing on contracts that are overpaying them for what they are giving the Cowboys on the field.

Jerry has to decide if he's willing to give Miles Austin the big money deal now or franchise him and let him show you he can do it again next season.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3266973 said:
Jerry has rewarded his big time players with big money deals in the last few seasons. But were those guys paid too early based on one good season?

Ken Hamlin. Roy Williams. Marion Barber.

All of these guys are playing on contracts that are overpaying them for what they are giving the Cowboys on the field.

Jerry has to decide if he's willing to give Miles Austin the big money deal now or franchise him and let him show you he can do it again next season.

Its easy to look at those and say they are bad contracts, of course he doesnt mention all the "good" contracts he's given out. The good one's outnumber the bad ones by quite a bit.

burmafrd

Reaction score
D Ware
Witten
Romo
The Rat
have all been given contracts and seem to do pretty well

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3267065 said:
Its easy to look at those and say they are bad contracts, of course he doesnt mention all the "good" contracts he's given out. The good one's outnumber the bad ones by quite a bit.

This wasn't about me trying to take a shot at Jerry.

But I see you got stuck on that issue.

It was about whether or not to give a guy a big contract after only having one big season when you already have three guys on the roster earning more than they are worth.

Do you wanna look back after the 2010 season and see that number is now at four guys?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3267373 said:
This wasn't about me trying to take a shot at Jerry.

But I see you got stuck on that issue.

It was about whether or not to give a guy a big contract after only having one big season when you already have three guys on the roster earning more than they are worth.

Do you wanna look back after the 2010 season and see that number is now at four guys?

I never said you were takinga shot at Jerry. I said Broadus pointed out the 3 bad one's, but made no mention of all the good one's. The good one's outnumber the bad one's, wouldnt you agree?

Kevlee06

Reaction score
The thing about the "good ones" is those were guys who had multiple good years and they continue to play well. The bad contracts are for guys who had that ONE good year and then got paid and haven't lived up to the contracts. I think that is what the author is referring to.

And that brings everything to Miles. Do you pay him off of one good year or wait to see if he can come close to duplicating it?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3267493 said:
I never said you were takinga shot at Jerry. I said Broadus pointed out the 3 bad one's, but made no mention of all the good one's. The good one's outnumber the bad one's, wouldnt you agree?

Sorry misunderstanding.

About Austin.

Why give him long term when you can franchise and see if he can do it again.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Kevlee06;3267519 said:
The thing about the "good ones" is those were guys who had multiple good years and they continue to play well. The bad contracts are for guys who had that ONE good year and then got paid and haven't lived up to the contracts. I think that is what the author is referring to.

And Hamlin is really the only one that applies to. In the cases if RW and Barber, they had several good years and both were young platers apparently entering their primes.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3267600 said:
And Hamlin is really the only one that applies to. In the cases if RW and Barber, they had several good years and both were young platers apparently entering their primes.

more like a couple

one really for Roy