Audio: Broaddus talks Romo, Miles, Roy on DCF Radio

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Pulled this clip from my show last with Bryan Broaddus.

He's got some good insight on Miles and who was involved in looking at him for the Cowboys...

Broaddus on Romo, Miles and Roy

Todd Haley. He must have loved seeing this kid take apart his defense when we played the Chiefs.

Those bumps and bruises that Miles kept getting kind of held him back over the last two seasons. Probably held him back a bit this summer as well.

Looks like that corner has finally been turned.

Broaddus was spot on about Romo now too. He's no longer enamored with being the QB and winning one big game. Seems like now the idea is to get thru the regular season by doing whatever is neccessary and then making sure the Cowboys are playing for something when January comes around.

The Roy situation is what it is right now. He's gotta play better and the Cowboys are going to keep using him as just one of the WR's. I don't think he's going to be a focal point of this offense any time soon.

As long as the team is winning there will be a lot more talk about frustration coming from us fans and the media than we will see from Roy.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
I can remember one poster here had Austin pegged as the best WR in TC. Seems he was right. :)

cowboyz

Reaction score
i really don't see a change in romo. i do see a change without TO though, because romo no longer has to waste energy on taking care of him.

the change is with the fans/media perception because he's having success. when the cowboys lose a game, it'll turn just the same.

he said the same thing last year, grind it out.

also, he's gone through stretches where he's played conservatively. last year he was dumping the ball off the choice constantly at the end of the year.

same thing he did in 2007 with MB3.

i'm happy miles austin has come through and look forward to watching him and romo for years to come.

roy williams just needs to become the deep guy, which I think he can be easily. especially since this team is using so many 2 TE sets.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Broaddus is the best candid interview almost every time you have him on DC. Way better than that Arizona Commanders hater you used to have on.

:wink2:

Good stuff.

Bluefin

Reaction score
cowboyz;3046169 said:
roy williams just needs to become the deep guy, which I think he can be easily. especially since this team is using so many 2 TE sets.

Roy Williams just needs to catch the ball and make good on the opportunities afforded him.

Roy dropped two passes and stumbled on a crossing route he misjudged leading to an incompletion.

And Tony Romo threw another slant into the turf at Roy's feet.

If those plays get made, we will be talking about Roy in a different light.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bluefin;3046277 said:
Roy Williams just needs to catch the ball and make good on the opportunities afforded him.

Roy dropped two passes and stumbled on a crossing route he misjudged leading to an incompletion.

And Tony Romo threw another slant into the turf at Roy's feet.

If those plays get made, we will be talking about Roy in a different light.
Exactly. I created a thread with actual video earlier in the week illustrating those exact same points. The emphasis is on Williams to make plays and he's capable of doing so. The key is good execution, mainly on his part.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Broadus is the man. He should have his own TV show on FSN.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3046267 said:
Broaddus is the best candid interview almost every time you have him on DC. Way better than that Arizona Commanders hater you used to have on.

:wink2:

Good stuff.

Pretty sure Bryan will on with me again next week.

Co-host with me. Would likely be Thursday if you are available.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3046519 said:
Pretty sure Bryan will on with me again next week.

Co-host with me. Would likely be Thursday if you are available.
I should be. Shoot me a PM if you decide to do it.