Audio: Brooking on Galloway and Company (very good listen)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Keith Brooking on Galloway and Co.

By dcfanatic, January 12, 2010 7:17 pm

This is a great interview and I gotta admit that the things Brooking was saying made me feel kind of bad about all the times I called poor Wade a doofus...

Brooking on Galloway and Company

I think I just wish Wade would be more like Brooking. I doubt very much that any reporters could say or do anything which would turn Brooking into a mess to where he starts babbling and mumbling about.

And we already know Brooking is not going to allow some players to act like a fool while he's out there.

All I know is that I am glad Wade made the push to get this guy into the Cowboys locker room this season.

BBQ101

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3224294 said:
quote]

Thank you for that. I love getting that insight into what the team is thinking. They know there is more to do.

I also love hearing those guys stammer all over each other. Mosley said this...Galloway said that...

Brooking just tells it like it is.

BBQ

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3224294 said:

By dcfanatic, January 12, 2010 7:17 pm

This is a great interview and I gotta admit that the things Brooking was saying made me feel kind of bad about all the times I called poor Wade a doofus...

Brooking on Galloway and Company

I think I just wish Wade would be more like Brooking. I doubt very much that any reporters could say or do anything which would turn Brooking into a mess to where he starts babbling and mumbling about.

And we already know Brooking is not going to allow some players to act like a fool while he's out there.

All I know is that I am glad Wade made the push to get this guy into the Cowboys locker room this season.

DC, let me tell you something, dont feel bad. You heard brooking in the audio with galloway say that wade did fail in the playoffs till this year. Even Galloway told him that wade was considered soft.

Now here is the key to think about DC, wade did make some changes. Wade promised that after last year and he did make some changes. First one right off the bat was special teams. Then, he worked on running backs rotation etc. Then wade worked on rotating some of the roster at the bottom of the list. Did Wade want to do this? No! But he did make some changes.

Now, wade is still wade, remember our kicking situation with Folk and how wade kept saying that he has confidence in folk etc, and wouldnt bring in kickers till forced too.
This is where jerry jones comes in, we saw where jerry said, on thefan that sometimes you might have to force the issue, pressure the coaches to do something or just tell them to do it. We saw where jerry highlighted Ogletree several times and it paid off. Jerry Jones forced issue on Ogletree on wade, then jerry forced the issue on wade with suisham.

And about 6 weeks ago, wade put it final stamp on the defense and you have seen the results.

Its like Jerry Jones said the other day DC, he likes the way things are going, with the coaching staff mainly wade not getting a contract extension yet, but to force the coaches to work for that contract and make them coach really well, not give it to them on the silver platter.

Let me remind you about something else too DC, remember like brooking was talking about wade being one of the best winning coaches during the season like wade did. Wade popped off remember how his winning percentage was better than tom landry and jimmy johnson and he didnt get any respect. That all was the week after the raiders game remember? What happened that sunday DC?

The cowboys lost to the giants in new york and then to the chargers. After that didnt wade's winning percentage go down? We didnt hear anymore about wade popping off about his winning percentage did we?

I agree with you about keith brooking, when we first signed him, I said he would be a great addition. However, you know who (Hostile) said the opposite. Wonder how Hostile liked eating his crow after that hehe.

So, dont feel bad DC, but keith brooking has been the best thing for this team. Even wade said the other day that brooking helped wade.

Another thing to think about DC is flozell adams, remember how he has some major false steps, holding, then he got some major fines, and the cowboys couldnt keep him from jumping offsides etc. Yet, the NFL sits him down, (probably jerry jones too) and tells him if you get another penalty like you did last hit on the giants player you will be suspended some games while being fined. Have you seen Flozell jump offsides or commit some dump penalities yet DC? No!

thats one of wade's weaknesses being soft etc and waiting to make changes till he is forced to like the folk kicking situation. So, dont feel bad, and like jerry jones said, make wade earn that contract extension. To me wade reminds me of flozell adams, you have to push and tell flozell if you keep this up, you will be suspended, im sure in flozells contract is playing time contract money, so flozell doesnt want to lose that money or be denied now from playing in the playoffs and possibly superbowl. Wade has to be treated the same way, make him earn it.

Now granted, wade has earned kudos for getting the team to win and the coaching he has done with jason garrett.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Keith Brooking is awesome. I love those remarks he made about how a player motivates themselves and if they don't have that kind of mindset in them already then it doesn't matter what kind of coach you've got cause those types of players aren't going to get better anyway.