Audio: Cowherd makes some good points

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Cowherd makes some good points

By dcfanatic,

Usually Colin Cowherd from ESPN Radio is bagging on the Cowboys, but yesterday he was making some very good points about them...

Cowherd talks Cowboys

Romo is going to have a great season. He's now the leader of this offense and he's going to put up points because it's what he does.

That Giants defense looked real good against the Skins.

But that Skins offense does not have a great QB and they sure don't have as many weapons as the Cowboys do at RB, TE and WR.

I hope we embarrass that Giants defense on Sunday.//

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I still laugh at the Commander fans for proclaiming Cooley and Fred Davis to be the best TE tandem in football before they played a down together

now look at them, Davis can't even see a single snap

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The problem with the Giants is the same every year. Every year, we make stupid mistakes that kill drives. We put ourselves in a position where we have to score points in the 4th quarter to win and the Giants bring pressure. We can kill this team with the running game but we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot and waste the ground game advantage. If you get the Giants down by a couple of scores, they can't come back. We're too stupid to take advantage of this and put them away so we always end up in a close game at the end and we can't block there pass rush.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cowherd has only one good point..............on the top of his head.

I listened to his schtick this morning. That's all it really is.

"The first thing I do when I go to any restaurant is check out the restrooms."

Whatever, Colin.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
All Cowherd knows how to do is regurgitate stuff. He is still worthless.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I like Colin Cowherd, because I think he's entertaining. Sometimes he makes great points, sometimes he makes bad points, but whatever he does, people either love him or hate him but they still listen to his show, as evidenced above.

I don't think he has an agenda at all, except to get listeners and make money, which he does very well.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2944815 said:
The problem with the Giants is the same every year. Every year, we make stupid mistakes that kill drives. We put ourselves in a position where we have to score points in the 4th quarter to win and the Giants bring pressure. We can kill this team with the running game but we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot and waste the ground game advantage. If you get the Giants down by a couple of scores, they can't come back. We're too stupid to take advantage of this and put them away so we always end up in a close game at the end and we can't block there pass rush.

Well if we did this every year, every time we play the Giants, I doubt Tony would be 5-1 against them.

Get the feeling you're obsessing over the 2007 play-off loss.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2944976 said:
Well if we did this every year, every time we play the Giants, I doubt Tony would be 5-1 against them.

Get the feeling you're obsessing over the 2007 play-off loss.

Really? 5-1 is what you see?

Here is what the records have been over the last 5 years.

0-2

1-1

1-1

2-1 Beat them twice in the regular and gave away the playoff game.

1-1

the way I see it, going back 5 seasons, we are 5-6 and going back the last 6 games, we are 4-2 but really, we're 4-3 with a playoff loss to the Giants. A loss we should have handed them but didn't. A win that they turned into a championship.

Am I obsessing over that loss a bit? Yeah, but then again, there aint no way we are 5-1 regardless of who is playing QB.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2945054 said:
Really? 5-1 is what you see?

Here is what the records have been over the last 5 years.

0-2

1-1

1-1

2-1 Beat them twice in the regular and gave away the playoff game.

1-1

the way I see it, going back 5 seasons, we are 5-6 and going back the last 6 games, we are 4-2 but really, we're 4-3 with a playoff loss to the Giants. A loss we should have handed them but didn't. A win that they turned into a championship.

Am I obsessing over that loss a bit? Yeah, but then again, there aint no way we are 5-1 regardless of who is playing QB.

I think he's talking about Tony Romo as starter against the Giants. In 2006 I'm pretty sure Bledsoe started the game we lost and Romo won the other. In 2007, you are correct. In 2008, Romo didn't play in the first loss but won the second game. So I think he's on the right path here. Romo has only lost one game to the Giants, the playoffs, but he is 4-1 instead of 5-1.

Boys4Life

Reaction score
I have a broken clock that is right more often than Cowterd, even that useless thing is right twice a day. It's because of mediots like him that I stopped listening to espn completely. What's even worse, Cowterd isn't the biggest waste of space on that network.

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2944797 said:
I still laugh at the Commander fans for proclaiming Cooley and Fred Davis to be the best TE tandem in football before they played a down together

now look at them, Davis can't even see a single snap

Yeah, it's pretty amazing to hear some of that Foreskin theology..

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2944796 said:
Cowherd makes some good points

By dcfanatic,

Usually Colin Cowherd from ESPN Radio is bagging on the Cowboys, but yesterday he was making some very good points about them...

Cowherd talks Cowboys

Romo is going to have a great season. He's now the leader of this offense and he's going to put up points because it's what he does.

That Giants defense looked real good against the Skins.

But that Skins offense does not have a great QB and they sure don't have as many weapons as the Cowboys do at RB, TE and WR.

I hope we embarrass that Giants defense on Sunday.//

I hope so too.

I'll be at the game and I don't want to pay for a loss.