Audio: Do the players trust this coaching staff?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Do the players trust this coaching staff?

By dcfanatic, October 13, 2009 6:09 pm

While strolling around the internetz listening for Cowboys related stuff I checked out this Trent Dilfer clip of him on The Herd with Colin Cowherd...

Dilfer on The Herd

That got me to thinking about how the Cowboys current players see this coaching staff.

Most of these guys have been working with Wade and his crew for a few years now. And let's just say the results aren't exactly anything to write home about.

We as fans ***** and moan about the players and the coaches on an equal basis in my opinion. But if the players aren't getting the job done they can always fall back on the idea that they just weren't up to par as far as the physical aspect of the game goes.

For the coaches that excuse, which is most times legit for players, does not exist.

Do these Cowboys players get the game plans every week from Wade and Garrett and feel like these coaches are giving them a good chance to win on Sunday?

I am sure they will all tell you yes because they aren't going to trash their coaches publicly. But I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those player to player conversations taking place when the coaches aren't around.

What do you think?
//

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3014600 said:
Do the players trust this coaching staff?

By dcfanatic, October 13, 2009 6:09 pm

While strolling around the internetz listening for Cowboys related stuff I checked out this Trent Dilfer clip of him on The Herd with Colin Cowherd...

Dilfer on The Herd

That got me to thinking about how the Cowboys current players see this coaching staff.

Most of these guys have been working with Wade and his crew for a few years now. And let's just say the results aren't exactly anything to write home about.

We as fans ***** and moan about the players and the coaches on an equal basis in my opinion. But if the players aren't getting the job done they can always fall back on the idea that they just weren't up to par as far as the physical aspect of the game goes.

For the coaches that excuse, which is most times legit for players, does not exist.

Do these Cowboys players get the game plans every week from Wade and Garrett and feel like these coaches are giving them a good chance to win on Sunday?

I am sure they will all tell you yes because they aren't going to trash their coaches publicly. But I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those player to player conversations taking place when the coaches aren't around.

What do you think?
//

I don't know,but it is something to ponder.I think you could get an idea of how the players feel by looking at some video.For instance,after Austin scored the touchdown in K.C.,where were Wade and Garrett and were any players embracing them.I caught Columbo and Ratliff on camera together and Austin was getting mugged by his teammates.Were any offensive players giving Garrett any "love" or were the players seeking out Wade.

Craig

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Garrett sharing a long embrace with Austin afterwards and it was even talked about on his after game PC with Sham and Babe.

The offensive scheme has us as the number one offense in the league; penalties and execution has us looking like a bad offense and searching for points all game.

The defensive schemes look pretty good as well. This Wade for Christ's sake.
Turnovers and mental break downs on the other hand have us not ranking at the top in defense even though we play that way for stretches. How do you explain that the same schemes that have us as one of the top themes in the league on 3rd downs has us giving up 3rd and 14s and totally melting down in the last 2 minutes of games?

I think you guys are reaching here.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they don't trust them, then it is the coaches fault.

If they cannot execute, learn how to line up, listen for the snap count, learn how to tackle...all the other football stuff, then it's the coaches job to not trust them.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
newnationcb;3014646 said:
I saw a clip of Garrett sharing a long embrace with Austin afterwards and it was even talked about on his after game PC with Sham and Babe.

The offensive scheme has us as the number one offense in the league; penalties and execution has us looking like a bad offense and searching for points all game.

The defensive schemes look pretty good as well. This Wade for Christ's sake.
Turnovers and mental break downs on the other hand have us not ranking at the top in defense even though we play that way for stretches. How do you explain that the same schemes that have us as one of the top themes in the league on 3rd downs has us giving up 3rd and 14s and totally melting down in the last 2 minutes of games?

I think you guys are reaching here.

Only point I was trying to make is that after Austin scored the touchdown there was alot of emotion displayed.If part of the coaching staff is being embraced while the other half is avoided like the plague I would consider that an indicator of what the players truly think.

Craig

ddh33

Reaction score
I think most of the players on this team really appreciate these coaches.

The coaching staff here treats these guys like men. I'm sure most of the players are thrilled with that. Unfortunately, all it takes is a few undisciplined players to screw the whole thing up...

But I think Wade, especially, has the respect of this team. I think Garrett might have had to earn a little more respect, but his resume is looking a lot better than some fans think...and I'm not even his biggest fan.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
When you get your game plan and it’s written on Indian paper in crayola, you lose credibility.

Although i think the players love Wade because he makes their life so easy. Hell, you always love bosses like that.

Big D

Reaction score
I've heard a number of players vouch for what Wade brings as a coach including our most recently annointed mvp Brooking, who was brought in by wade. I'd trust the opinions of guys who are actually on the team before the speculation of message board coaches or even Dilfer who says that at 3-2 the pats are the class of the league.

You don't like Wade we get it. Let the season play itself out.