Audio: Does Romo trust Roy Williams yet?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Does Romo trust Roy Williams yet?

By dcfanatic, October 21, 2009 11:46 pm

So much is being made about the issue of Miles Austin now being put into the starting lineup and then today I get my hands on some pretty interesting audio of Roy Williams on The Hardline.

At about the 4 minute mark here you will hear some comments that are a little revealing about why Roy didn't do much last season and maybe why he isn't doing much this season...

Roy Williams - Hardline interview from The Ticket

I get it. Romo and T.O. had been playing for a few years together so they were a lot more comfortable with each other.

Plus we all know that Terrell Owens was going to start barking if the passes were not coming his way.

But we have seen four games this season with Romo and Roy on the field together and I am still not so sure the QB trusts #11.

So the next question is a no brainer.

Is Romo still yelling 'switch' in the huddle?

And I wonder how happy that Jason Garrett is that he sends in plays designed for certain players and then the players (Romo and maybe the WR's) are then changing the dynamics of the play by switching up the
players positions in the huddle?

And now maybe some people will get off Jason Garrett's back as far as the argument of him not trying to get Roy involved in the offense last season.

And I wonder if Witten and Marty B are in the same boat? Does Romo swtich them up in the huddle as well?

Lot's of questions about an offense who is moving the football quite well, but is not scoring as many points as we would all like.

I gotta give a shout out to my friends Todd H and Bob Sturm on this one. I had not heard this interview and Todd let me know about it. Bob runs The Ticket so he got his peeps to come thru with the audio, lol.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You can call me theebs!!! Even though he is dead.

anyway, I found that interesting yesterday, So I guess you took it as blaming romo too.

I wonder if it is just another excuse for roy. I am kind of sick of hearing roy williams tell everyone how good roy williams is. It seems to be his favorite topic. He is a good player, a productive player and hopefully we win big with him, but I kind of think he doesnt have a grasp of reality.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3027700 said:
Does Romo trust Roy Williams yet?

By dcfanatic, October 21, 2009 11:46 pm

So much is being made about the issue of Miles Austin now being put into the starting lineup and then today I get my hands on some pretty interesting audio of Roy Williams on The Hardline.

At about the 4 minute mark here you will hear some comments that are a little revealing about why Roy didn't do much last season and maybe why he isn't doing much this season...

Roy Williams - Hardline interview from The Ticket

I get it. Romo and T.O. had been playing for a few years together so they were a lot more comfortable with each other.

Plus we all know that Terrell Owens was going to start barking if the passes were not coming his way.

But we have seen four games this season with Romo and Roy on the field together and I am still not so sure the QB trusts #11.

So the next question is a no brainer.

Is Romo still yelling 'switch' in the huddle?

And I wonder how happy that Jason Garrett is that he sends in plays designed for certain players and then the players (Romo and maybe the WR's) are then changing the dynamics of the play by switching up the
players positions in the huddle?

And now maybe some people will get off Jason Garrett's back as far as the argument of him not trying to get Roy involved in the offense last season.

And I wonder if Witten and Marty B are in the same boat? Does Romo swtich them up in the huddle as well?

Lot's of questions about an offense who is moving the football quite well, but is not scoring as many points as we would all like.

I gotta give a shout out to my friends Todd H and Bob Sturm on this one. I had not heard this interview and Todd let me know about it. Bob runs The Ticket so he got his peeps to come thru with the audio, lol.

Wait, you're suggesting that Garrett is doing what he can to get players involved but Romo is making switches and as a result people shouldn't hound Garrett?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If those things happened its still on Garrett if he didn't talk to Romo in his office about why that needed to stop.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
speedkilz88;3027724 said:
If those things happened its still on Garrett if he didn't talk to Romo in his office about why that needed to stop.

Exactly what I thought.

If those things are happening, what purpose does Garrett serve? If he is basically being over ruled on the field by Romo, why does he have a job?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;3027705 said:
You can call me theebs!!! Even though he is dead.

anyway, I found that interesting yesterday, So I guess you took it as blaming romo too.

I wonder if it is just another excuse for roy. I am kind of sick of hearing roy williams tell everyone how good roy williams is. It seems to be his favorite topic. He is a good player, a productive player and hopefully we win big with him, but I kind of think he doesnt have a grasp of reality.

Definitely Romo.

If it was T.O. yelling switch in the huddle we would have heard about this way before now.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3027715 said:
Wait, you're suggesting that Garrett is doing what he can to get players involved but Romo is making switches and as a result people shouldn't hound Garrett?

No. It's never just black and white.

I am saying that it seems Garrett was calling plays for Roy last season on some routes that would have given him opportunities to be successful while getting him more production.

Garrett still has plenty of other issues where he looks horrible.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3027734 said:
Definitely Romo.

If it was T.O. yelling switch in the huddle we would have heard about this way before now.

Stop mentioning TO already jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3027741 said:
No. It's never just black and white.

I am saying that it seems Garrett was calling plays for Roy last season on some routes that would have given him opportunities to be successful while getting him more production.

Garrett still has plenty of other issues where he looks horrible.

So basically, Garret is an ex QB and ex QB coach, yet as an current OC he can't even get his QB to execute the plays as he calls them in. Wow! Kind of makes it all the more rediculous when the people who want Phillips gone and call him a cupcake are the same ones who want this powerless fool of an OC to become the next HC. Just WOW!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3027754 said:
So basically, Garret is an ex QB and ex QB coach, yet as an current OC he can't even get his QB to execute the plays as he calls them in. Wow! Kind of makes it all the more rediculous when the people who want Phillips gone and call him a cupcake are the same ones who want this powerless fool of an OC to become the next HC. Just WOW!

You have to be careful in taking what Roy Williams says as the absolute truth. The guy has a knack for talking about things that always make Roy Williams look good.

None of us know. Swith could have been called twice and roy is just bitter about it, or it could have been called based on the way the defense aligned the previous time they ran the same play.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3027754 said:

If you've been reading, most people no longer want Garrett as the HC.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Let me see if my brain processed this correctly.

Roy is saying last year Garrett would call plays for him, but when Romo got in the huddle he would yell switch, which meant T.O. was now getting the play meant for Roy?

And now DC is wondering if that is still happening this year? Did I get that right? Hmmm interesting....

So what does this mean again?