Audio: Emmitt on Irvin Show

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Emmitt talks about state of the Cowboys

By dcfanatic

Here's Emmitt Smith on The Michael Irvin Show today to give us his opinion on the Cowboys after five game and going forward...

Emmitt on Irvin Show

Yeah. Emmitt makes a good point. Where's the love for Tony Romo this week after he put up a 350 yard 2 TD game?

I think Tashard will be getting more touches in the future if Marion Barber is still nursing the quad injury.

What do you think of Emmitt's theory about the Cowboys lack of intensity?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3018461 said:
Emmitt talks about state of the Cowboys

By dcfanatic

Here's Emmitt Smith on The Michael Irvin Show today to give us his opinion on the Cowboys after five game and going forward...

Emmitt on Irvin Show

Yeah. Emmitt makes a good point. Where's the love for Tony Romo this week after he put up a 350 yard 2 TD game?

I think Tashard will be getting more touches in the future if Marion Barber is still nursing the quad injury.

What do you think of Emmitt's theory about the Cowboys lack of intensity?

i think its dead on DC, its on both the coaches and the players; its also on jerry jones for allowing this to go on and on and on DC
its like jimmy johnson, howie long and terry bradshaw said last year DC;
when the cowboys were a sloppy team, whatever your doing on special teams wade, do it at least another hour and then put another 30 minutes on top of that, your not spending enough time on it

remember DC when wade said i didnt spend enough time on blitz run defense packages after the tampa bay game, then after the giants game wade said i thought we were ok on man to man defense, but evidently we werent, so were going to have to go do zone defenses;

wade is the head coach, he is suppose to know, there are no excuses for him, since he has been coaching for what 30 plus years and wade has head coached how many teams, at least 3 pro teams, so no excuses for saying i didnt do it enough; or i thought they had it down, run them to they get it

just like michael irvin and emmitt said on penalities, run the players till they get it in their head not to do the dump penalities,

in other words like i have said over and over, you cant treat these players like professionals, most of them, you have to work them over and over and over; drill iit into them; and then do it some more

its a shame though when players like witten, brooking, ratliff work their rear ends off and some players arent pulling their share of the load

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I also said that this team needed to work more in training camp and practices hitting in pads and tackling. But oh no, i was told by some zoners that i was all wet. Well, what do you zoners say now. You heard emmitt and michael both say the same thing. And if you remember, you heard michael irvin tell his players with holley winning that their training camp would be harder, more physical and tougher than the cowboys practices.

That should tell you something right there.

I tried to tell you guys but you wouldnt listen. Maybe next time you will listen to me, i know what im talking about.

Smith22

Reaction score
Listening now, the 1st thing that jumps out at me is that Emmitt is speaking 100 times better than he did on TV. Did the TV cameras make him nervous? I don't know...

Anyhow, I agree with him, the team needs to up the focus and intensity. Do that, and anything can happen.

mldardy

Reaction score
Smith22;3018816 said:
Listening now, the 1st thing that jumps out at me is that Emmitt is speaking 100 times better than he did on TV. Did the TV cameras make him nervous? I don't know...

Anyhow, I agree with him, the team needs to up the focus and intensity. Do that, and anything can happen.
He always has. He has never had problems speaking when on NFL Films, press conferences(when he was a player) or on radio where he doesn't have to be scripted and rehearsed as to what he has to say. It always bothers me people say he can't speak. He struggled in that format on TV but other than that he's always been ok.