Audio: Irvin Show discusses 'must win' talk

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Yo Kiley…Why you gotta hang up on me?

By dcfanatic,

Kevin Kiley. Now you are on my **** list, lol.

The Michael Irvin Show is one of my favorites so I hear Kevin and Nate going at it and I call in. I make my point and then Kevin hangs up on my call before me and Big Nate can team up and pound Kevin into submission...

Irvin show talks 'must win' today

This is a must win. I don't want to hear about moral victories and good showings and blah blah blah.

Just get up to Philly and come back with the W.

Period, point blank!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This is not even close to a "must win."

Most fans, when you're looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year, probably had this game down as one of the probably "losses."

It'd be great to win this game, but even the most homeristic of fans had to think this was an "L" when the schedule came out.

If we win it's huge, but if we lose, we can easily rebound by winning the next three, which are all very winnable.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Danny White;3058138 said:

Most fans, when you're looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year, probably had this game down as one of the probably "losses."

It'd be great to win this game, but even the most homeristic of fans had to think this was an "L" when the schedule came out.

If we win it's huge, but if we lose, we can easily rebound by winning the next three, which are all very winnable.
Agreed. There will still be half a season after this game.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Hey DC, i heard you on the radio live. That was funny. Kevin is a funny dude...i can see both sides of it.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
DC I'm on your side 100%.

Moral victories are over with this team. We're not an up-and-coming team. We're here. We've been here.

No more moral victories. We need to win these types of big games.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
If we lose this (and I'm very tempted to say WHEN) game, will the head in the sanders admit they have been wrong all along? If you can't get up for the team that's been dominating you for the better part of this decade and just smacked you 44-6 to send you golfing, is it ever going to happen? They lose this game and I may go into the tank like I did when they lost to Pittsburgh last year. It'll just be hard to care about this heartless, choking dogs any more for a while.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058232 said:
If we lose this (and I'm very tempted to say WHEN) game, will the head in the sanders admit they have been wrong all along? If you can't get up for the team that's been dominating you for the better part of this decade and just smacked you 44-6 to send you golfing, is it ever going to happen? They lose this game and I may go into the tank like I did when they lost to Pittsburgh last year. It'll just be hard to care about this heartless, choking dogs any more for a while.

You can do that right now for all I care. Support the team or don't but get off the fence for once in your life.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3058236 said:
You can do that right now for all I care. Support the team or don't but get off the fence for once in your life.

What implies that I'm on the fence about something?

The logic and reasoning skills of some of the posters on this board...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue what the definition of a 'must' win is. But I do disagree with some people who say that the manner is which we might lose is not important. We not need another humbling and humiliating loss. It must be at least a semblance of us being in the game.

Personally, I think we win it if we don't turn the ball over too often.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3058232 said:

All of your posts sounds as if you stay in the tank.. :rolleyes:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score

That's next Monday's attitude.

That's not this Thursday's attitude.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
If we get punched in the mouth and embarrassed you can kiss this season goodbye.

This is a must win. You get this win, your mindset is that no one can stop you. You just beat a Philadelphia Eagles team in a hostile environment. Nothings going to stop you for the rest of the season.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score

thats because there are alot of cowardly fans that wanna run and hide every time someone says the word Eagles.......why? i dont get it....they beat us in that last game ....so what , its a loss but they by no means scare me ........99-2005 they pounded us.....not any more ....we match up with them very well and usually split the series with them......alot of fans were saying we werent that good because we only barely beat KC.....but the Eagals got beat by the freakin Raiders.....what does that make them.....?

seems to me everyone needs to pull up their panties and quit letting the ghost of Cowboys past scare them.....they are the Cowboys and when they are on their game they can beat anyone

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
Teams that have aspirations to be champions should consider every game a must win game.Question is this,how bad does Dallas want this game?If they come out flat and unispired they will lose this game.However if they can play realtively mistake free and passionate football they can win.Which Dallas team shows up Sunday night is yet to be determined.

Craig