Audio: Irvin talks T.O. on GAC - 12/12/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Irvin on GAC
-----------------------------

They get into everything that Mike and T.O. talked about while Mike was at his house last night.

Oh yeah, they talked while having cake like a bunch of Nancy's, lol.

BHendri5

Reaction score
DC, I listen to Dallas radio shows all day every day, today the morning and afternoon guys called Irvin and Deion clowns, because of their relationship with T.O..

I have a problem with that, because Irvin was my favorite player on the championships teams and Second was Emmitt and Deion, I will believe Deion and Irvin about any situation concerning T.O. before I will believe any other media guy. and You can add Nate to that list.

the rest of the media can take a flying leap.

My question to you, what is your opinion, after listening to Irvin?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm not sure why GAC cannot simply accept Irvin at his word that he doesn't agree with their assessments of Owens.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hostile;2485807 said:
I'm not sure why GAC cannot simply accept Irvin at his word that he doesn't agree with their assessments of Owens.

Hate is hard to get rid of as well as admitting when you are wrong.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Irvin said what many have here. owens doesn't get that he has a history.
If he would just find better ways to handle things he would be much better off.

If he simple kept his mug out of the press, that would be a plus.
Problem is he can't do it.

That was a good listen.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2485779 said:
DC, I listen to Dallas radio shows all day every day, today the morning and afternoon guys called Irvin and Deion clowns, because of their relationship with T.O..

I have a problem with that, because Irvin was my favorite player on the championships teams and Second was Emmitt and Deion, I will believe Deion and Irvin about any situation concerning T.O. before I will believe any other media guy. and You can add Nate to that list.

the rest of the media can take a flying leap.

My question to you, what is your opinion, after listening to Irvin?

My opinion is that Irvin wants what's best for the team.

He wants the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl.

He wants T.O. to win a Super Bowl and be loved because he knows that deep inside the man is hurting like he was back in the days when he was a screw up.

Will he twist things a little so it's less controversial? Probably so. But he has built a bond with T.O. so he is always going to try and make it right whatever the case may be.

The problem is that T.O. wants everyone to like him. He says he doesn't care, but it's so obvious he does. So in wanting that he goes back to the media again and again (answering Calvin's call last night) and tries to tell his side of the story.

The man is straight up paranoid half the time. The other half of the time he is trying to help the team win football games.

And overall he wants to be a great player and a big part of a Super Bowl winning team so more people will like him.

If T.O. were to help the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this season and win the MVP of the game award he wouldn't stop crying until next August because all that pressure he puts on himself will finally be released somewhat.

Good enough?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2485860 said:

That was a good listen.

You know it's a good listen when 20 minutes goes by and it seems 2, lol.

I wanted more.

Hos, you got Irvin's home number?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2485905 said:
You know it's a good listen when 20 minutes goes by and it seems 2, lol.

I wanted more.

Hos, you got Irvin's home number?
No sir, but I bet I could get it.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2485860 said:

That was a good listen.

Dave, Irvin said that, yes, but he did not say that T.O. doesn't get that. And I know you did not say that, but that is what I perceived when first reading your post,but while typing, I now know that you yourself think Owens doesn't get that. He does. That is why he has not said much, plus he has said as much on inside the huddle, that is why he has held back so long, but he feels/felt the season slipping away and you can hold in frustration only so long, he really wants to win and help this team win. If we were to win the SB, he may just go off into the sunset.

Yeah, he has the attention of the media even when he does not want it, he is a personality, he loves the camera, so what. I do not care what he says, he has not said anything here that is not true regarding this team and winning.

don't sweat it, just let it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2485932 said:
Dave, Irvin said that, yes, but he did not say that T.O. doesn't get that. And I know you did not say that, but that is what I perceived when first reading your post,but while typing, I now know that you yourself think Owens doesn't get that. He does. That is why he has not said much, plus he has said as much on inside the huddle, that is why he has held back so long, but he feels/felt the season slipping away and you can hold in frustration only so long, he really wants to win and help this team win. If we were to win the SB, he may just go off into the sunset.

Yeah, he has the attention of the media even when he does not want it, he is a personality, he loves the camera, so what. I do not care what he says, he has not said anything here that is not true regarding this team and winning.

don't sweat it, just let it.

We all know how he feels. Why he feels the need to keep reminding us bothers me.Maybe that's just me. Every time you see a report start with "owens"
I just get like, christ not again. His mouth is very old.
Help this team win, and keep the rest to your self. That would be much better than grabbing the headlines even if it's bad.

BHendri5

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2485903 said:
My opinion is that Irvin wants what's best for the team.

He wants the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl.

He wants T.O. to win a Super Bowl and be loved because he knows that deep inside the man is hurting like he was back in the days when he was a screw up.

Will he twist things a little so it's less controversial? Probably so. But he has built a bond with T.O. so he is always going to try and make it right whatever the case may be.

The problem is that T.O. wants everyone to like him. He says he doesn't care, but it's so obvious he does. So in wanting that he goes back to the media again and again (answering Calvin's call last night) and tries to tell his side of the story.

The man is straight up paranoid half the time. The other half of the time he is trying to help the team win football games.

And overall he wants to be a great player and a big part of a Super Bowl winning team so more people will like him.

If T.O. were to help the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this season and win the MVP of the game award he wouldn't stop crying until next August because all that pressure he puts on himself will finally be released somewhat.

Good enough?

Good enough. and I'll say this, what is wrong with wanting everyone to like you? there is not one person in this world that does not want that, if you or anyone say differently I'll call you or them a Liar. We are Humans it is part of all of us, wanting to be liked /loved accepted some go out of the way to have that. I know people will say and have said that it does not matter if they are not liked, and that you can't please everyone,(true), but who in this world would rather have enemies? Not me?

You say Irvin would twist things to make it seem less controversial, to me that like saying he will and is lying, and I do not believe he is. I've T.O.'s books and you can learn a lot about him from those, plus I've posted that I see a lot of me when I was younger in T.O.(when I was active duty) I've been in the military now 23yrs, was stationed in D.C., In my Reserve unit I am viewed as T.O. like, but there are those that have been deployed with me in Iraq that when we got back had a different story to tell now.

T.O. is not paronoid, he knows he started this monster and he wish it would go away, and it might have, but he came to America's team which at the time had a coach that is just as controversial as he is, and the media could not pas that up. Now if he had gone to say Denver, Chad Johnson would have ahd all this media to himself, but Cinnci, and Chad could not beat T.O. and Dallas.

Yeah, he could back away from the media, or at least give them vanilla answers, but why run face the music and stay true to who you are, if he has always gave them honest answers and told them how he feels why change now, stay true to yourself.
Don't change, just make sure that when it is all said and done, you(T.O.) can have the last laugh and say I told you. make it happen on the field. Win!!

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2485942 said:
We all know how he feels. Why he feels the need to keep reminding us bothers me.Maybe that's just me. Every time you see a report start with "owens"
I just get like, christ not again. His mouth is very old.
Help this team win, and keep the rest to your self. That would be much better than grabbing the headlines even if it's bad.

Do like I do, I listen and then I laugh about it. but I never believe it, after being in Iraq, I do not believe the media much now.