Audio: Memory Lane on 'Load Left'

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Memory Lane: Load left against the Eagles

By dcfanatic, November 18, 2009 1:29 am

Barry Switzer will never forget 'load left' and that's a fact...

The Michael Irvin Show was talking about this thing on the show today.

Michael Irvin talks Load Left

Nate Newton talks Load Left

Ed Werder talks Load Left and about the loss to the Packers

I can remember that play vividly and I was more than pissed that Barry was going for on fourth down. Then you can imagine where I went when the Cowboys got stuffed on the play.

Ed Werder had a very good article on it, read here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd have run that load left a third time if I had the chance. Barry's right that a team that can't get 3 inches on two tries doesn't deserve to win. Then again, I also think Belichick made the right call.

Tikkanen

Reaction score
great clips. I can remember cheering when Barry was going for it, and feeling stunned when it didn't work. I wasn't angry until they lined up for a second time, and tried to run the same play again instead of play action.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I hated the call and still do. The risk is too high because if you don't get it, the Eagles are already in field goal position. I thank Belichick for making the call because it sure took a lot of hooplah and controversy away from the Cowboys losing to the Packers.

It's funny now that more and more statisticians are disagreeing with each other on Belichick's decision to the point where Football Outsiders has basicaly stated 'we don't know.'

Like I said, the only guy that 'played the numbers' last weekend and really isn't getting talked about was Del Rio, for having MJD take a knee on the 1 yard line, despite losing at the time.

YAKUZA

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Idgit;3085892 said:
I'd have run that load left a third time if I had the chance. Barry's right that a team that can't get 3 inches on two tries doesn't deserve to win. Then again, I also think Belichick made the right call.
I coundn't agree with you more, with Emmitt and that O-Line, if we can't get it then we deserve to lose.