Audio: Orakpo on GAC talking smack

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
This kid Brian Orakpo sounds like he is calling the Cowboys offensive line a bunch of chumps during his appearance on Galloway and Company today...

Orakpo on Galloway

Ok, game on Arapaho. Why am I calling him Arapaho?

Because that's what Jason Witten calls him...

Witten don't even know this kid's name

I hope Witten, Free, Flozell and Marty B are now gunning to shut this kid down on Sunday. So far this season he's been pretty good as he has 7 sacks after nine games.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
arapaho is a street in Dallas.

Witten probably just had a simple mistake.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;3088470 said:
arapaho is a street in Dallas.

Witten probably just had a simple mistake.

Yeah. Witten didn't mean anything by it at all.

He called him the rookie from Texas a few times in the interview.

Orakpo is one of those names that trips people up.

But it was funny when he called him Arapaho, lol.

:lmao2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arapaho are plains Indians. Orakpoo would have been an insult.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3088524 said:
Yeah. Witten didn't mean anything by it at all.

He called him the rookie from Texas a few times in the interview.

Orakpo is one of those names that trips people up.

But it was funny when he called him Arapaho, lol.

:lmao2:

OK DC and Hostile, not sure if you knew or not, but the person that breaks down film of opposing defenses and puts together the plays out of the playbook for offense is wes phillips. He has to get this together, and have plays with hot reads for cowboys to be ready for these blitzes.

Yes, wes phillips wade's son gets those plays together and gives them to jason garrett after he breaks down film of opposing defenses. Its in the dallas cowboys media guide book that I have.

So, Romo needs to look at that side and Flozell and Doug Free has to be ready as well as the wr's in the hot reads.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3088764 said:
OK DC and Hostile, not sure if you knew or not, but the person that breaks down film of opposing defenses and puts together the plays out of the playbook for offense is wes phillips. He has to get this together, and have plays with hot reads for cowboys to be ready for these blitzes.

Yes, wes phillips wade's son gets those plays together and gives them to jason garrett after he breaks down film of opposing defenses. Its in the dallas cowboys media guide book that I have.

So, Romo needs to look at that side and Flozell and Doug Free has to be ready as well as the wr's in the hot reads.
That just means that Wes cuts and pastes the other team's plays into one scouting tape. It's just a boring, menial job that most new coaches have to start out doing. It doesn't mean he's the one designing the offense or deciding who should get the ball on hot routes, etc.

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
Orakpo has been good so far this season, but then again they've been playing the easiest schedule of any team in probably several decades (Rams, Lions, Buccaneers, Panthers, Chiefs), so I'm not ready to anoint him yet. Oh and heres a sample from the 2009 Washington Commanders season article on Wikipedia:

"The 2009 Washington Commanders season is the 77th season for the team in the National Football League. They are failing miserably when it comes to improving upon their 8-8 record from 2008."