Audio: Romo on Inside The Huddle - 10/21/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Tony Romo basically rules himself out for Sunday

Posted by DCFanatic at 10/21/2008 9:52 PM and is filed under Player Info,Cowboys News

If you were watching or listening to Inside The Huddle tonight you already know this news, but Tony Romo will not play this Sunday against the Bucs.

Please tell me the Cowboys are now going to start Brooks Bollinger.

Here's Romo on Inside The Huddle earlier tonight...

Romo on Inside The Huddle

I love the effort kid, but if you can't go then we understand.

Now it's up to the coaches to do the smart thing and understand the offensive line stinks right now and that Bollinger has to start this game.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2364245 said:

Please tell me the Cowboys are now going to start Brooks Bollinger.

Now it's up to the coaches to do the smart thing and understand the offensive line stinks right now and that Bollinger has to start this game.

I'd be in favor of going with Brooks because of his mobility and most likely better arm. I just don't think he's been here long enough for them to choose him over Brad.

satam55

Reaction score
CowboyManDan;2364295 said:
I'd be in favor of going with Brooks because of his mobility and most likely better arm. I just don't think he's been here long enough for them to choose him over Brad.

:bang2:BROOKS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! HE IS LUCKY TO STILL BE IN THE LEAGUE!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What has Brooks ever done in this league to make people think he could get the job done? I'm not asking that to be a jerk but simply because I've never seen him play, that I'm aware of, to know what he's able to do.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2364417 said:
What has Brooks ever done in this league to make people think he could get the job done? I'm not asking that to be a jerk but simply because I've never seen him play, that I'm aware of, to know what he's able to do.

Because people think that the grass is always greener on the other side.

I dont even know what I want. Part of me wants to see what Brooks can do, because Johnson didnt play well.

That being said, with Johnson we have to play defensive smash mouth football. Our defense folded the past game, so it's not entirely Brads fault.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2364563 said:
Because people think that the grass is always greener on the other side.

I dont even know what I want. Part of me wants to see what Brooks can do, because Johnson didnt play well.

That being said, with Johnson we have to play defensive smash mouth football. Our defense folded the past game, so it's not entirely Brads fault.
I don't think the defense played as bad as it looked. The Rams had a short field on our D a couple of times in that first quarter. The offense didn't sustain long drives to give our defense a break. The oline has to give Brad time to throw the ball.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Brad Johnson LITERALLY can not complete a pass over 5 yards. Starting Brad Johnson is LITERALLY forfeiting the game you are playing, regardless of who your opponent is.

Brooks Bollinger has very good mobility and a decent arm. That automatically makes him better than Johnson. You mean to tell me Bollinger can't complete passes within 5 yards? Because that's the only way he could be worse than Brad Johnson.

Brooks Bollinger is Joe Montana compared to Brad Johnson. He performed poorly with the Jets--but poor play with the Jets when you're now 28 years old makes you INFINITELY better than 40 year old Brad Johnson playing poorly when he has TERRELL OWENS, ROY WILLIAMS, PATRICK CRAYTON, JASON WITTEN, AND MARION BARBER.