Audio: Sicko talks about joining Cowboys

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
After first telling the Cowboys that he was turning down their Rookie Free Agent offer Scott Sicko changed his mind and will now be attending the rookie mini camp this weekend.

Here''s Scott to talk about what he decided to join the Cowboys...

Scott Sicko talks about joining Cowboys

He's a kid so don't hate him for his initial decision. I think he's done the right thing now by taking a once in a lifetime chance and trying to earn a spot on the Dallas Cowboys.

I am rooting for him and you should be too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3382404 said:
After first telling the Cowboys that he was turning down their Rookie Free Agent offer Scott Sicko changed his mind and will now be attending the rookie mini camp this weekend.

Here''s Scott to talk about what he decided to join the Cowboys...

Scott Sicko talks about joining Cowboys

He's a kid so don't hate him for his initial decision. I think he's done the right thing now by taking a once in a lifetime chance and trying to earn a spot on the Dallas Cowboys.

I am rooting for him and you should be too.

totally buddy, if bennett doesnt wake up, he might lose his job or get traded

only thing i dont like DC is the little rhyme they have going around with us drafting sicko, want to know what it is?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
He gets a pass for this one time with me. If for some reason he sticks with the team and does this a few years now then all bets are off.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
yeah god forbid someone decides to continue their education instead of making a living in athletics which has a turnover percentage of what? 60%??
lol

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
hey dc are u there/ want to know what the rhyme is is te sicko makes the team?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3382426 said:
hey dc are u there/ want to know what the rhyme is is te sicko makes the team?

hmmmmmm, waiting to see if DC will bite on the rhyme if sicko makes the team

:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with him. I'm excited about a guy his size that can run a 4.5 40. He has a chance to stick. If he can block out of the h-back position he has a good chance.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Practice squad fodder.

Not really going to get excited over him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I've gotten over it and don't really care. I hope he is good and succeeds but if he quits after this mini-camp, it won't surprise me at all.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BTW, I'm really tired of hearing about Bennett getting canned or traded. This kid did a great job in the 12 package which accounted for over 50% of offensive snaps last year. He wasn't targetted that often as a receiver. I do think he didn't always do the best job as a receiver but he wasn't bad either. I think we'll see a little more 3 WR sets this year particularly at the beginning of the season. So he may get less opportunities as a receiver early in the year. I believe we will try to get Bryant on the field early on and he'll have to line up with RW then. That will take away some snaps in the 12.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jobberone;3382451 said:
BTW, I'm really tired of hearing about Bennett getting canned or traded. This kid did a great job in the 12 package which accounted for over 50% of offensive snaps last year. He wasn't targetted that often as a receiver. I do think he didn't always do the best job as a receiver but he wasn't bad either. I think we'll see a little more 3 WR sets this year particularly at the beginning of the season. So he may get less opportunities as a receiver early in the year. I believe we will try to get Bryant on the field early on and he'll have to line up with RW then. That will take away some snaps in the 12.

:hammer:

It make no sense.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
J-DOG;3382484 said:
I don't see why people are pissed at him.

He quit before he began. I hope his head is on straight because he is on the verge of pissing away a golden opportunity.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
When I first heard his initial decision it just sounded like he was crushed that he wasn't drafted and he had convinced himself that if he wasn't good enough in their opinion to get picked, then he would just move on. Let's give the guy a chance before bagging on him too bad.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Maybe he makes the practice squad. I find it hard to believe we'll keep 4 TEs. If we lacked a 2nd receiving threat from our backup TEs, maybe he would have a shot. But both Bennett and Phillips are good receivers as well as being pretty good blockers.

Even if Cricket gets canned, I dont see how Sicko makes it. If anything, I think we'd want another traditional mashing FB who can also play STs. We dont need a smallish TE who probably hasn't been asked to block or tackle in 3 years. Again i wish the kid luck but i think he's headed to the PS if anything.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;3382819 said:
Maybe he makes the practice squad. I find it hard to believe we'll keep 4 TEs. If we lacked a 2nd receiving threat from our backup TEs, maybe he would have a shot. But both Bennett and Phillips are good receivers as well as being pretty good blockers.

Even if Cricket gets canned, I dont see how Sicko makes it. If anything, I think we'd want another traditional mashing FB who can also play STs. We dont need a smallish TE who probably hasn't been asked to block or tackle in 3 years. Again i wish the kid luck but i think he's headed to the PS if anything.

Probably PS, but if they decide to keep 4 TE's instead of 3 TE's and a FB, he definitely has a shot.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
adbutcher;3382527 said:
He quit before he began. I hope his head is on straight because he is on the verge of pissing away a golden opportunity.

I predict that he will quit again as soon as things don't go his way. "If I don't get drafted I will retire." Retire from what dude? You have to have a career first before you can retire from it.

It is quite obvious that he doesn't have the mental toughness required for life in the NFL. Teams passed on him in the draft for a reason and it wasn't just because of his name either. :rolleyes:

I don't think he will make it through training camp personally. [/STORY]