Audio: Sicko talks about joining Cowboys

burmafrd

Reaction score
If those trashing the kid would bother to do a little research instead of talking out their rear ends, maybe they would learn something.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The coaches here obviously badly wanted him to come to TC to see what he can do as they didn't give up at his first rebuff.

The odds are definitely against him as a UDFA but it sounds like he brings some size and athleticism to the position. His strength, size and conditioning should markedly improve after working with pro trainers given that he came from a small school. Furthermore, since he was considering pursuing post-graduate studies, he should be fairly intelligent as well.

I look foward to seeing him do well. If he can be a H-back/FB/ST player he would add a dimension to the offense that we don't really have.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3382795 said:
When I first heard his initial decision it just sounded like he was crushed that he wasn't drafted and he had convinced himself that if he wasn't good enough in their opinion to get picked, then he would just move on. Let's give the guy a chance before bagging on him too bad.

Man, if I didnt get drafted and then the Dallas Cowboys came calling. Wow. I would react different.

THUMPER;3382828 said:
I predict that he will quit again as soon as things don't go his way. "If I don't get drafted I will retire." Retire from what dude? You have to have a career first before you can retire from it.

It is quite obvious that he doesn't have the mental toughness required for life in the NFL. Teams passed on him in the draft for a reason and it wasn't just because of his name either. :rolleyes:

I don't think he will make it through training camp personally. [/STORY]

I think he will quit again too.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
burmafrd;3382840 said:
If those trashing the kid would bother to do a little research instead of talking out their rear ends, maybe they would learn something.

The slight research I did showed that he wasn't considered good enough to be selected in the draft by ANY team. It also showed that he vowed to "retire" if that happened. His use of the term "retire" shows me that he doesn't understand what it means. I didn't deem him important enough to dig any further.

So what did I miss? He's really a future HoFer and everyone just missed his potential greatness? No really, clue us all in here. ;)

Eskimo

Reaction score
THUMPER;3382910 said:
The slight research I did showed that he wasn't considered good enough to be selected in the draft by ANY team. It also showed that he vowed to "retire" if that happened. His use of the term "retire" shows me that he doesn't understand what it means. I didn't deem him important enough to dig any further.

So what did I miss? He's really a future HoFer and everyone just missed his potential greatness? No really, clue us all in here. ;)

What you missed is the FO wants him at TC because they persisted in talking to him after his initial rejection.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kind of hope he makes the team and becomes a factor down the road (in a year or so). Only because I would think it would be great buy and wear a Dallas Cowboys Jersey with SICKO on the back.:D

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3382920 said:
I kind of hope he makes the team and becomes a factor down the road (in a year or so). Only because I would think it would be great buy and wear a Dallas Cowboys Jersey with SICKO on the back.:D

You're a sicko BP. :D

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Eskimo;3382916 said:
What you missed is the FO wants him at TC because they persisted in talking to him after his initial rejection.

Ah, good point.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3382927 said:
Admit it...it would be cool to have one of those jerseys.:laugh2:

I haven't bought a Jersey in years, but yeah, that one might rope me in! :D

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
THUMPER;3382910 said:

I know right? What could some that went undrafted possibly offer the Cowboys?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
He will be putting Witten on the bench by seasons end.

silver

Reaction score
sounds like a good smart kid. let's see if he develops down the road. we got a pretty good track record with undrafted free agents.