Audio: TMac talks Jenkins on Ben and Skin

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
TMac talks Mike Jenkins on Ben and Skin

I can't see where Mike Jenkins is mad at TMac. The intent of the article was not in any way meant to take shots at Jenkins. If anything I was more critical of Jenkins for the quote. I agree that it's a case of Jenkins not even reading the article, but just hearing some of his peeps come back to him saying the media was going after him.

But if he did read the TMac article and was still mad then I don't know what to tell him. There are going to be times when the media and the fans take shots at you. Just take it all in and let it motivate you.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
How does Tmac know Jenkins took shots at him? Did he call him out specifically (just to follow the theme of all the hand wringers).

Oh well, Tmac got a radio appearance out of it:rolleyes:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
newnationcb;3436075 said:
How does Tmac know Jenkins took shots at him? Did he call him out specifically (just to follow the theme of all the hand wringers).

Oh well, Tmac got a radio appearance out of it:rolleyes:

I think he can read and he follows the Cowboys so maybe that's where he found out that Jenkins was pissed at him.

He might even be able to text him or call him on the phone.

TMac is all over ESPN radio every week, lol.

You don't leave here all that much do you?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Knowing Tmac's track record covering the boys, I am siding with Jenkins.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Who cares if he gets mad at "T-Mac" for any reason? What difference does it make?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The title of Tim McMahon's article about him was...

Jenkins Satisfied After Breakout Season

I am sorry to inform Mr. McMahon that this leaves a negative connotation. Any athlete, not just Mike Jenkins, is going to see a title like that as an attack. "Oh look, he's satisfied. He's not hungry."

Then he further pushes this tone with the now infamous quote.

Mike Jenkins said:
I’ve got a Pro Bowl under my belt, so that’s one of the goals I don’t even have to work for,” Jenkins said. “I feel like my job right now is easier, so I don’t have to work as hard. I can just go on and ride that roller-coaster and keep playing.

In other words, McMahon is using the quote to come up with the title. He knew exactly what he was doing. The mock shock that the athlete was pissed doesn't fly with me.

For the rest of the article McMahon is trying to explain away the quote itself. As if to say, "look, I'm his interpreter because he's too dumb to know the impact of what he said, but I'm not, look at the title."

I don't blame Jenkins for being mad. I'd be mad as hell too. No matter how McMahon spins it, his article is insinuating that Mike Jenkins is not hungry and is going to rest on his laurels.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;3436661 said:
The title of Tim McMahon's article about him was...

Jenkins Satisfied After Breakout Season

I am sorry to inform Mr. McMahon that this leaves a negative connotation. Any athlete, not just Mike Jenkins, is going to see a title like that as an attack. "Oh look, he's satisfied. He's not hungry."

Then he further pushes this tone with the now infamous quote.

In other words, McMahon is using the quote to come up with the title. He knew exactly what he was doing. The mock shock that the athlete was pissed doesn't fly with me.

For the rest of the article McMahon is trying to explain away the quote itself. As if to say, "look, I'm his interpreter because he's too dumb to know the impact of what he said, but I'm not, look at the title."

I don't blame Jenkins for being mad. I'd be mad as hell too. No matter how McMahon spins it, his article is insinuating that Mike Jenkins is not hungry and is going to rest on his laurels.

Like I said before even listening to timmy trying to weasel out of his trumped up controversy, this frog knows a scorpion no matter how he tries to convince us otherwise.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3436197 said:
I think he can read and he follows the Cowboys so maybe that's where he found out that Jenkins was pissed at him.

He might even be able to text him or call him on the phone.

TMac is all over ESPN radio every week, lol.

You don't leave here all that much do you?

After telling me what his favorite colors are next you can discuss the aroma of his *** in the trail. Lol.

You are a groupie to Tim Mcmahon? Must suck to be you.

Btw, my point was why does he think Jenkins is mad at him. His article was based on Jenkins blog post in which Jenkins only referred to the media as a whole. Was Tim the only one who ran the quote?